HUGE NSV for me

Donnamarie
on 12/18/11 7:15 pm - NY
I think for most people this one is a huge one, and goes entirely overlooked!!!

I was visting a friend with a new baby and she took a pic.  Do I sit this way and turn my head that way so nothing shows badly on the pic?  Arrrrgggghhhh.  Well, I didn't sit any particular way or move my body all around because I had a precious 4 month old baby on my lap.  I smiled and she took the pic.

GUESS WHAT!!!!???

I didn't hate the pic.  Matter of fact I was like, oh my gosh, no double chin, no rolls of anything and the baby didn't look like a little speck on my formerly huge body.  LOL  I was good with the pic, I mean really good!!!  I had tears in my eyes.  I don't have many pics of myself because of how big I had become.  Now I am looking forward to Christmas in NC with my family where I will encourage the picture taking.  I'll be one of those idiots jumping into all the shots now!!

As far as my Christmas goal, I didn't quite make 100 pounds, but I'll totally take what I did lose!!

So Happy Holidays to everyone as we head into this very busy week before the big day, and everyone enjoy!!!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

Kate -True Brit
on 12/18/11 7:55 pm - UK

As you say, an absolutely enormous nsv.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

silvercb67
on 12/18/11 9:21 pm - MN
That is wonderful. Merry Christmas to you.

BuckeyeGirl
on 12/18/11 10:58 pm - TN
What a great NSV! Especially before Christmas when so many photos are being snapped! 

I am excited for this one too...usually one to shun the camera or shudder when I see the pics, I am finally ready to be documented that I indeed was at the Christmas gatherings! ha ha

I know 100 is a nice round number, but 97 is pretty darn close and the century club is just around the corner for you. Hang in there!

Congrats!
Lindsey

Lisa O.
on 12/19/11 1:22 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Congratulations!  That's a biggy!  I am also shocked when I see a picture of myself today because I'm always braced for the worst and when it's "not-so-bad" I feel elated!

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

NanaB.
on 12/19/11 3:44 am

Congrats on your success! You have done extremely well!!! almost 100 pounds in less than a year

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

kathkeb
on 12/19/11 10:42 am
Very nice -----and yes, yes, yes --  over the holidays, be sure to be in pictures with other grown-ups -- it helped me alot to see myself in relation to other adults in pictures.

It can take a long time for our minds to see our bodies the way that the rest of the world does ---- and being in pictures helps!!

Have a wonderful Christmas -- so much healthier than you were last year!
Kath

Most Active