a book I found at the library Unlock the secrets that keep you fat

faithgirl140
on 12/23/11 12:53 am
I found this book at the library yesterday. Author is Sandra Cabot Md. It has a lot interesting things that can keep us from losing weight. Check it out. My problem all along has been depression medicine and diabetes. I have been a slow loser and now I know why. You must keep your blood sugar as level as you can. A rise in blood sugar makes all of your fluids and fat go to your cells. A fatty liver can not work correctly to filter fat so it stores it. I think I am going to do a liver detox after christmas. Candita yeast can be in your intestines causing problems. You can take  a supplement of Glicemic Balance more info phone number is 623-334-3232 or 1-888 75 liver. There is also a shot you get from the Dr. called Victoza it helps keep your sugar level. Eat small snacks in the afternoon and before bed. Eating small meals through the day helps keep it level. This makes so much sense. I am off of my depression meds. I am 3 years out I have lost 77 lbs. I have went from a 22/24 to nearly a 14. My ring size has went from a 10 to a 81/2 that is crazy. My panty size has went from a 13 to a 8. Woo Hoo. Yes this band is hard to live with sometimes alot of the time. But listen ladies Thank You God for my band I would have never been this healthy without it. My diabetes is better than it has ever been. I take 2 metformin. I was on an insulin pump taking ungodly amounts of insulin for every meal. It just makes you feet aweful and you sweat non stop. I freeze to death now. My motto skinny tastes better than food.
Merry Christmas everyone! Let's get busy and lose the rest of our weight. I have 25-30 lbs to go.
If I get there I am checking into a tummy tuck because I deserve it!!!! Go Girls!! Love and Hugs Renea
Jean M.
on 12/23/11 1:12 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Thanks for telling us about the book. I completely agree about the importance of blood glucose control. It's important even if you aren't diabetic.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Danielle71
on 12/24/11 1:58 pm - Blue Springs, MO
WOW....It's been several years since my last post & I must say I need to visit these forums more often---it's a great way to just keep in check & hear about new recipes, ideas, books, etc...etc...'

I had my surgery for the lapband & yes there are times I regret it, I never expected anything "easy" but Im sorta like everyone else, I wi****'d come off a lil faster---but....part of that's my own fault right??? So....Im determined to get back on the wagon & commit to more exercise.

I tried to upload a current pic of me but I need to resize it to a smaller size to get it to work, but you can definintely see a difference!!! I was a size 20-22 now a 14-16 yet I wanna be an 8 at least.....I wear either a large or an extra large but....its soooo nice to not have to go to the plus size stores anymore!! So all in all there are accomplishments & there are disappointments, I need to focus on the GOOD rather than the bad & what I havent accomplished....YET..... :)

Anyway....thanks for listening to me rant....while I encourage myself to be nicer to ME & to get back into the swing of things & LOOSE LOOSE LOOSE!!! 

Most Active