I feel soooo....

Bellasarrah
on 12/30/11 8:30 am - NY
Alright I recently read the following saying "Dont worry about what you eat between Christmas and NEw Years worry about what you eat between New Years and Christmas" ok that said I have been banded since 2/15/11 and have lost 56 pounds which I am happy about. But this past week how can I say this...cakes...cookies...chips oh my! I have eatten and havent given anything a second thought. I know BAD BAD BAD slapping myself. BAD BAD. I know that tomorrow is another day and I have to figure out how to say NO NO NO!!!! I knew this journey wasnt going to be easy. I even through out the dip....washed it down the drain. Now I still have to get my mind right. I've told people that Ive just eatten my week away and they say you dont look like youve gained any weight...but let me tell you I feel it in my face and washing dishes I felt it in my back a little...and I am like damn its only been a week. SO with that in mind...I will get back on the wagon soo to speak...there is one piece of cannoli cake left and I will make my father eat it...for I may have dumped some dip...but I sure as hell cant get ride of that cake. If there is any advice anyone can  offer me I would appreciate it. Thank you back in the saddle again!
sesmith
on 12/30/11 10:30 am
 on the positive side, it feels bad, and that is a start. sugar and salt is soooo addicting. I would plan to eat your favorite healthy things to ease back into wt loss mode, and expect to be jonesing for the bad stuff.  
debbie H.
on 12/30/11 11:52 am - AR
I feel your pain, cause I'm right there with ya!  Upside for me is I didn't ever quit my workouts, so I don't have to get back to that.  My surgery was one month before yours and we are close to the same in weight loss, with you being a bit ahead of me.  OK, the break is over.  I've started my healthy foods shopping list and am getting rid of the things I've yet again proven to myself I can't have in the house.  Gonna try to work on the rest of my weight loss before spring, and "shorts weather" rolls around again.  I really DON'T like the feeling of being full.  Renewing my efforts!  

spuddzy
on 12/30/11 4:41 pm - NY
I had my surgery same time as you did. I have to struggle all the time with gaining weight so fast. It started because months ago needed to eat foods that filled me without getting stuck and I get this is the fall for me. Now I almost could eat anything and have gained this month 5 lbs. and I hate the full feeling also. I feel uncomfortable again in my body and saw pictures from Christmas and couldn't believe how much heavier I looked. I'm going to make an appotment with a nuturtionist next week and get myself on a better eating pattern cause my sinks right now..I'm going to get to that goal weight and not be a failure.

spuddzy

Kate -True Brit
on 12/30/11 11:39 pm - UK

I always eat what I want at Christmas. No big deal. Food is lovely! Food is part of social occasions and tradition.

Why feel guilt? It tasted good. You enjoyed it! Guilt spoils it!

Do like every slim person you meet does. Eat the " wrong" things. Enjoy them. Then move on.

In fact, be totally normal. All my friends ( none of them obese, none of them with wls) are all bemoaning a few pounds gain and are all planning to lose it over the next week. And they wil. And I will.  And you  will!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

debbie H.
on 12/31/11 12:34 am - AR
I like your attitude, Kate and am going to adopt it.  I will get back on track, and not bemoan the choices I decidely made.  I won't, however, weigh for 2 weeks.  If I don't stay on track, then I will make myself weigh before the 2 weeks.  Another incentive to stay on track.  Spudzy, we can do this!

Suzanne K.
on 1/2/12 7:09 am - NJ
I do feel just like you! I wrote a post that i'm a sugar addict and that I've eaten too many sweets this past week. I'm going back to work tomorrow.
I am grateful that I was able to maintain my exercise this week, walking 2 plus miles a day....burning off some of those calories.
I understand the "guilt" feelings . I've lived with that too long. I t will take some time for me to eat unhealthy foods without having guilty feelings.
It relates to addiction, failure, self esteem issues. Etc.
Anyhow, happy new year and we are miracles!
Most Active