what does it feel like to be at sweet spot

stubs
on 1/3/12 11:43 pm
Lap Band on 10/18/11 with
i have had 2 fills and do not feel full after eating.
i can still eat more after dinner
i have had the stuck feeling when i eat to fast or the pieces are to large
but i do not know when i am at sweet spot
i do eat slowly
i sometimes use a timer so i take a bite every 30 seconds

any suggesstions??????????

kathkeb
on 1/4/12 12:06 am
To be honest, I don't know if there is a "sweet spot".
I have a range where I can eat without being sick and a small amount of food is enough.

I don't feel "full" after I eat ..... If I do, I have eaten too much.

I measure out my serving (sometimes by eyeball, sometimes with tools) and I sit down and eat it.
I chew well, I eat small bites, I pause between mouthfuls and then I stop eating. If I am truly hungry 20 minutes later, I can think about having more .. But truthfully, I am never hungry 20 minutes later.

The biggest change for me was learning to be satisfied.....not full.
I overage for so many years that my body expected me to stuff it every chance I could.

With the band, if I just give it time, I notice a sense of satiety ... I could eat more, but I don't have to eat more.

Kath

stubs
on 1/4/12 12:23 am
thanks
how much do you weigh out
do you just take one plate full
do you eat salads
for instance a chopped salad with protein in it

kathkeb
on 1/4/12 1:54 am
Stubs,
For breakfast, I eat a container of Greek yogurt ... 6 ounces, I think.

Then, mid morning I have a small piece of fruit or a piece of low fat string cheese.

For lunch, I make tuna salad with 3oz of tuna, or weigh out about 3 oz of left over steak, or pork chop, or whatever protein I have. I can cut 3 oz of meat into 30 bites ... Pencil eraser sized bites.
Then, I aim for about 1/2 cup of veggie.

Dinner is the same way ... Usually adding a grain/ starch ... Some brown rice or half of a small baked sweet potato.

Lots of times, I get bored before the food runs out ... And I just quit eating.......30 bites of steak is actually a lot.
My husband eats an 8 ounce steak in about 6 bites ....LOL

Snacks are string cheese with 3 or 4 wheat thins or a piece of fruit.

I don't eat a lot of salad because it tends to get stuck ... I think that maybe I just can't get it chewed down enough, but after having problems a few times, I just don't try it much.

Now, in a restaurant, I will order an entree salad ...... With chicken or shrimp or salmon on it and just pick off the meat (and cheese and eggs and croutons) and leave the lettuce behind.
Kath

stubs
on 1/4/12 2:00 am
thanks so much that is a great help

kathkeb
on 1/4/12 6:44 am
One more thing ---- I never really expected the band to 'keep me from eating'.

I wanted something that would make dieting a little easier for me --- just a boost.

So, I started to eat better before my surgery (like a million times before, I cut out crappy carbs and ate more veggies and lean protein).

After I had my surgery, I visualized that I had this band around my stomach -- like a belt on a pair of jeans.  And I convinced myself that if I could diet BEFORE the band, that I could diet easier WITH the band ....even with no fluid in it.

I did not try to see how MUCH I could eat, I challenged myself to see how LITTLE I could eat and become satisfied.

Then, with every fill, I visualized that the band was a little tighter -- and that I had to be even more careful with my eating.

So much of this journey has been a mind game for me --- and the body has come along for the ride.
I acted 'as if' I had a sweet spot or restriction or whatever you want to call it.

I guarantee that getting the sweets out of my house and my life has made the whole thing easier.  Those foods work to convince me that 'one won't hurt, one more won't hurt' --- they will kill me.
Just like crack to an addict, 'one is one too many, because one more is never enough'.

I limit my choices and then eating is not really very exciting -- it is just food --- I eat one or 2 meals a week at a restaurant -- and enjoy whatever looks good to me (1/2 portion or less) and let it go.
At home, I eat the same old boring stuff day in and day out (like most normal weight people).
Kath

stubs
on 1/4/12 10:32 pm
On January 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM Pacific Time, kathkeb wrote:

I wanted something that would make dieting a little easier for me --- just a boost.

So, I started to eat better before my surgery (like a million times before, I cut out crappy carbs and ate more veggies and lean protein).

After I had my surgery, I visualized that I had this band around my stomach -- like a belt on a pair of jeans.  And I convinced myself that if I could diet BEFORE the band, that I could diet easier WITH the band ....even with no fluid in it.

I did not try to see how MUCH I could eat, I challenged myself to see how LITTLE I could eat and become satisfied.

Then, with every fill, I visualized that the band was a little tighter -- and that I had to be even more careful with my eating.

So much of this journey has been a mind game for me --- and the body has come along for the ride.
I acted 'as if' I had a sweet spot or restriction or whatever you want to call it.

I guarantee that getting the sweets out of my house and my life has made the whole thing easier.  Those foods work to convince me that 'one won't hurt, one more won't hurt' --- they will kill me.
Just like crack to an addict, 'one is one too many, because one more is never enough'.

I limit my choices and then eating is not really very exciting -- it is just food --- I eat one or 2 meals a week at a restaurant -- and enjoy whatever looks good to me (1/2 portion or less) and let it go.
At home, I eat the same old boring stuff day in and day out (like most normal weight people).
thank you for your suggestions
i will definitely use them

stubs
on 1/4/12 10:33 pm
On January 5, 2012 at 6:32 AM Pacific Time, stubs wrote:
On January 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM Pacific Time, kathkeb wrote:

thank you for your suggestions
i will definitely use them
and tips

MARIA F.
on 1/4/12 1:31 am - Athens, GA
Couldn't tell you. Never had it. It appears to be just a lie that the Allergan and Realize came up with to sell their crappy products! I've had the band 2 years and had 17 fills. As far as I'm concerned...........IT DOESN'T EXIST! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 1/4/12 11:22 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't think there is one either! I've had as much as 8ccs in my 10 cc band and never felt it.
Most Active