I know it's good for me, but.....

Donnamarie
on 1/19/12 8:59 am - NY
Thanks Thundergrrrl :)

I wasn't complaining as much about the weight loss, because I really AM happy with it, honestly.  So sorry if it came off like whining.  It was an arbitrary goal, frankly one I set for Christmas that I didn't make.  Just seems like the scale hates me these days.  Yes I am proud of everything and love the way I feel. 

Sounds like you went through the same thing. I imagine 5 pounds in 3 months was frustrating, but it seems like the path i am taking!!  I already do a protein shake in the morning. Been doing it since I had the surgery.  Figured adding one in at night might balance things out since I work out at night.  I just only have so much food I can fit in there! 

But I will be patient
!!!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

michele1
on 1/19/12 6:29 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Have you been taking your measurements??? You could be building muscle and losing fat, fat and muscle weigh the same, pound for pound. The difference is muscle takes up less space than fat. Therefore the scale may not show a difference but I bet you are thinner!

I would start taking measurements if you aren't and if you are concerned about your caloric intake several web sites (I use my plate on livestrong)  some are free for the basic and you can input your information and it will calculate how much you should be eating everyday, you can also input your exercise and it will adjust for it.

Trust me the scale will eventually move, when you first start lifting weights the glucose that is burned will be replaced by water..... once your body becomes accustomed to it, it will move.

Try not to get too caught up in the numbers on the scale, nothing wrong with wanting to reach a certain goal by your first anniversary (most of us have done it). You are doing great and most likely will reach your goal just focus on how great you feel and the strong powerful body you are creating!!!! And don't give up on the exercise it takes about 6 weeks for something to become a habit and once it does it may become a new obsession!!!!

Keep us posted,

Michele

Donnamarie
on 1/19/12 9:03 am - NY
Hi Michele :)

No I didn't take my measurements, sadly.  Definitely a ball I dropped there!!  I might take them now and then in a month just for curiousity sake!

I do track my calories and food intake.  I haven't done the exercise input part of it though.  I just really can't eat that much at a sitting so I get full very quickly.  Adding more food seems to be quite a struggle at this point. 

I have only been at the exercise thing full force for three weeks.  I think maybe patience would be the key here!!

I will keep you posted.

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

sesmith
on 1/19/12 11:30 pm
 I think 95 or 97 is 100 lbs. Don't fixate on 3 or 5 lbs. Fixate on LOSING 95, 97 lbs. There should be no it isn't good enough thinking. Your accomplishment is so wonderful, why would you try to dimini**** or let your self fell bad for even 1 second. What could possibly be not good enough about your accomplishment? 
Most Active