Salads a slider food?

Nikki C.
on 2/1/12 3:53 am - Gaithersburg, MD
For those of you who eat salads do you find them to be a slider food for you?  I had one for lunch today and it's just not doing it.  It did have chicken on but it went down pretty easy and I don't think is going to stick with me for very long.

Thoughts?

kathkeb
on 2/1/12 4:58 am
Salad is anything BUT a slider for me -- I seem to get stuck on lettuce every single time

Now, if I order a salad with meat/seafood on it, I eat the meat and toppings and leave the lettuce.
I can eat tomato or sliced cucumber - but just can't do lettuce.
Kath

Nikki C.
on 2/1/12 5:39 am - Gaithersburg, MD
That's crazy!  I'm the opposite I have the issue with eating meat.  I generally stay really far away from chicken!!!

It's so strange how some of us are very similar and others total opposite.  For example, I know for alot of people potato chips are a slider food, not me ever!  If I try to eat them, I regret it everytime.

-Mari-
on 2/1/12 10:12 am
I've been on both sides. After a few fills, it was hard for me to eat salads, too. But I think it can be a slider, unless you have 3-4 oz of protein on it, it probably will not make you feel full for a long time.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
thiknena19
on 2/1/12 6:32 am, edited 2/1/12 6:32 am - bronx, NY
I don't think its suppose to be a slider food, my nutritionist said only mushies and water slides thru easily. When i have a salad with chicken breast for lunch i don't even fini**** and i will be full for hours to the point where i would only have an apple for dinner...

Wendybrum
on 2/1/12 7:29 am - Oceanside, NY
salad sn't q slider for me. Can not eat it for morethan one day and super chopped.
wendy
crystal M.
on 2/1/12 9:11 am - Joliet, IL
Raw veggies and fruits fill me up quickly.  I don't get stuck but just a few of bites and I'm at my limit.  I can eat half an apple and I start feeling full. 
coachgrrl
on 2/1/12 12:19 pm, edited 2/1/12 12:19 pm
 Lettuce, tomatoes, peeled cuke, onion and bean go down fine as long as I chew well.  I usually add some cheese (mozz, feta, cheddar) and either chicken or tofu...maybe 2-3oz.  For probably about a cup total.  But I eat the protein first and usually don't fini****

I can't eat broccoli, carrots, cauliflower either raw or cooked.

whitechocolate
on 2/1/12 3:32 pm - NY
I can eat a whole package of those salad kits without it affecting me. Plus I add those purdue short cuts chicken so I get the protein I need. I wonder if its too much. I don't feel any type of restriction or the sensation of being full. Its crazy. But with some other foods, two bites and I'm done
michele1
on 2/1/12 10:38 pm
Revision on 07/07/15
I had a spinach salad with chicken and some veggies yesterday and was hungry about an hour and a half later...maybe it was the greek vinegrette on it that made it slide right on through.....

Michele
Most Active