my hubby had bypass today and it went well

pitablond
on 2/13/12 5:59 am - Harrisburg, PA
I promised a few of you that I would give an update.  I was eating like crazy last week and having major anxiety but everything went really well.  He is hopped up on the morphine so he has slept most of the afternoon.  He barely takes tylenol so morphine is wiping him out.  lol 

They said that everything looks great and that he is an easy patient.   He weighed in at 365lbs (his highest was about 385) but was really lucky with his health until recently.   He was hovering big time with high bp, cholesteral, sleep apnea, etc but luckily he hasnt needed meds.  Another few pounds or maybe another few months may have been pretty bad if he did not choose to have surgery. 

Bypass still makes me nervous but that was the doctor felt was best for him.  I am so excited for him to really experience the WLS ride.  He can't wait to live a long life with our boys AND fit on the rides at Hersheypark with them. lol

Thanks to those of you that had us in your thoughts and prayers!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

cheynne03
on 2/13/12 6:50 am - West Monroe, LA
Really glad everything went well.  I am sure he will be on the road to recovery very soon.  Now you can concentrate on eating correctly. 

Theresa

S 254/C168/G150   
          "Patience is the companion of wisdom."  St. Augustine

pitablond
on 2/13/12 8:50 am - Harrisburg, PA
Yes, you are right.  I actually almost passed out in his room today. I think it was a mixture of emotions, lack of nutrition, and seeing his blood....maybe a little sympathy for his pain. lol

I had coffee this morning and a protein bar during the surgery but got stuck on the last bite.  His nurse had to being me a cold cloth, crackers, and apple juice.  Last week I was eating too much, and so far this week Im not eating enough.  

Im ready to get some kind of normal back!

michele1
on 2/13/12 7:39 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Awesome news!!!!! He is on his way!!!! Don't forget to take some time for yourself.......

Michele

pitablond
on 2/13/12 8:54 am - Harrisburg, PA
I definitely will!  Thanks Michele!

Ashley A.
on 2/13/12 7:54 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Glad to hear the surgery went smooth and he is doing well! Wishing him a speedy recovering.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

pitablond
on 2/13/12 8:55 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks girl!  Now I have to get my butt moving so that he isn't smaller than me...that just might be my motivation.  LOL

-Mari-
on 2/13/12 8:12 am
Yes!! So glad to hear everything went well. I think it's great that you will be living similar lifestyles, now. It should make it easier, and he will have you to show him the ropes. Being a guy and having GBP I'm sure he will be riding those rides, very soon.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
pitablond
on 2/13/12 9:01 am - Harrisburg, PA
I cannot wait!  He was so supportive of me with my weight loss.  He didnt even get upset when I would come without french fries and junk food.  lol  I am hoping that this will get him more active and it brings us closer than we were before. 

Most Active