Phenteramine

Ann M.
on 2/22/12 3:43 am
Has anyone else used this weight loss drug?  I was wondering if it helped any of you?  I'm trying it for the first time today and I can't believe how I haven't been hungry or want to eat!  I've gained 30 pounds since my lowest weight being banded and my Dr. thought this may help.  I'd like to hear from any of you who have tried it!  Thanks!
Ann Marie

Nikki C.
on 2/22/12 5:36 am - Gaithersburg, MD
I have used it in the past before being banded and it really did help with weight loss.  I've considered asking my doctor to prescibe it to me to help me get to goal cause the more weight I lose the more I slow down!  I don't think they will at this point thought since I never had a regain!

Everything ok with your band and your fill level?  I don't think it will hurt to take and you will probably notice weight start to come off but IMHO I would use it wisely in conjuction with my band, exercise and diet to see if you can start the scale moving back downward!

Good luck!

Nic M
on 2/22/12 6:01 am
It's the only thing that makes me NOT hungry. Since I had the band removed, I never feel full. I think my nerves got damaged or something. But when I take phentermine, I don't feel that gnawing hunger.

My only concern is that it might affect my heart. I think it's a good short term option... maybe not a good idea to take it long term, though.

It really does work for curbing the appetite, doesn't it? For that alone, I like it!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

crystal M.
on 2/22/12 10:39 am - Joliet, IL
I have been on it twice and both times I did really well and lost weight.  Both times I lost about 60 lbs.  But both times I started gaining the minute I stopped taking it.  It's like as soon as I stop the hunger comes back with a vengence and I can't contol it.  Then I end up gaining weight. 
wericamichele
on 2/22/12 11:30 am

I jus****ched a show on Dr. Oz the other day about all natural weightloss aids. He said with breakfast have some Sage Leaf tea. You should have this within an hour of waking up. Lunch time, Alpha Lipoic Acid, it is a supplement that reduces inflamation of fat cells. Snacking, Maitake Mushroom Extract, helps control cravings. He said, to use 10-20 drops on the snack or in water. Dinner- Glucomannan, one of the most powerful fibers, 30mins. before dinner, add to water or add to meal. If you go onto youtube and look for Dr. Oz episodes and look for February 21st. 2012.

Hislady
on 2/22/12 12:05 pm - Vancouver, WA
I've been blessed because I had my band emptied, nearly a year ago already! I held my own for the most part and then 2 mos ago my pulmonary doc gave me a new med for my lungs. Low and behold one of the side effects is lack of hunger, loss of appetite and wow it really works. I have to make an effort to remember to eat, no hunger at all and I've lost 15 lbs. in the last 2 mos. I full intend to stay on this forever, if it's up to me. Maybe I can finally get down to goal, and wouldn't it be great to HAVE to eat a hamburger to keep my weight up. Hey I can dream! It's just so nice not having to deal with that gnawing hunger!
rebecca110
on 2/22/12 11:50 pm - Milledgeville, GA
I took it a few years ago and after a while the weight loss slowed drastically and when I stopped, I gained it all back.  My problem is not real hunger, it is craving something, mostly chocolate candy.
thindownunder01
on 2/23/12 3:25 am, edited 2/23/12 3:26 am - Kingwood, TX
I have used phentermine for years prior to the band. I was on it on and off for a very long time. It was always medically supervised and I always had great weight loss results.

Here is the kicker for me.... when I stopped.. I would gain it all back ten fold!! And not to metion the effects it has on your mood.

I was always very agitated and had crazy mood swings. It also was not very good for my heart and BP and did not help in the dehydration factor either.

Yes you will loose weight... and yes... you will gain it back once you discontinue.

That little pill did wonders for my house cleaning and laundry... but not so much on my relationships. lol.

BANDED 4/4/11 STARTING WEIGHT 243
Ann M.
on 2/25/12 1:16 am
Thanks everyone for the info! I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days! Hopefully it keeps up! We shall see!
Ann Marie

Most Active