Oldies Still Around?

Stacy T.
on 3/6/12 11:00 pm
Hey I haven't posted in over a year (with the exception of a question last week or something)...any of you -3-4+ year people still out there and active? A look at the board activity shows it is pretty slow on here nowadays.  Just looking to reconnect. I was thinking about joining LBT with Jean.

~~Stacy

Pre-Op wt : 210 (Nov 08)

Lowest Post-op wt: 145 (Jul 12)

Removal wt: 185 (Feb 19)

Stacy T.
on 3/7/12 1:34 am
Thanks! Looking through the past posts I am not familiar with many of the users so I was wondering where everyone went.

kootenay
on 3/7/12 1:55 am - Canada
The board has evolved, that's for sure.  Much less active and quite a few of the old-timers are off doing other things I guess.

I'm more of a lurker than anything.

Good to have you back.

Kootenay

Ask me how I got rid of my keloid scar!

MARIA F.
on 3/7/12 2:00 am - Athens, GA
On March 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM Pacific Time, Stacy T. wrote:
Thanks! Looking through the past posts I am not familiar with many of the users so I was wondering where everyone went.

They're still around. Many of the old timers have had to revise FROM the band. Just look on the VSG, RNY and DS forum and you'll find a lot of them!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Stacy T.
on 3/7/12 2:42 am
That was all I wanted to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms_Swoosh
on 3/7/12 8:43 am - Indian Trail, NC
 Many of us are still here, just for one reason or another we dont post so much right now. :) LIfe happens.  :)  Hope things are going well for you :)

....just keep swimming

Swoosh
I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

Cheryl N.
on 3/7/12 2:32 am - Des Moines, WA
Still here, just revised to RNY and hang out on RNY more and sometimes lurk on lapband.  Lapband board is much slower now than it used to be 3-4 years ago when the band was "in".  A fad surgery, I suppose.

Don't get upset with us because we are just being honest and I know it may be disheartening to hear because we fear it will happen to us which it did.  I felt the same way, sad to hear about failures, and I was worried it may happen and yep it did happen to me SEVEN months out after being banded.  I struggled with the band for over a year before finally revising.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Stacy T.
on 3/7/12 2:41 am
Not sure when I said that I was upset with people for being honest? I have no clue where this post is headed or what leads you to think this?

I asked a simple question about where the older members were and did not appreciate the response I got which had NOTHING to do with my question. 

All I wanted to know was where everyone was!!!!!

God forgive me for asking a simple question. I should have known better.

Stacy T.
on 3/7/12 3:01 am, edited 3/7/12 3:02 am

I "misinterpreted" Maria F. for passive aggressive comments about Jean needing a revision in response to my post and now MIRACULOUSLY her posts have disappeared!

Dev *.
on 3/7/12 2:57 am - Austin, TX

A number of us are still around!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active