getting stuck right now

BIGMOMMAOF3
on 3/13/12 1:20 am
 can someone plz help I am getting super stuck on scrambled eggs right now Can u say pain I feel like I am dieing oh crap 
Nic M
on 3/13/12 1:22 am
Flap your arms like you're doing the chicken dance. Sometimes it helps the food go through the stoma better.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

kdroberts72
on 3/13/12 1:52 am - hudson falls, NY
Oh i can never eat scrambled eggs. Fried eggs, omlets and hard boiled yes, but never scrambled, you can't chew them enough. Big tip that helps me with dense proteins is a supplement called papya enzyme, you can get it in your local vitamin store usually. Chew 3 pills before you eat a dense protein or if you feel stuck after eating them. Miracle worker for me. :) Good luck!

Nikki C.
on 3/13/12 4:02 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Scrambled eggs give me issues too!  I have to make sure they are very mushy and generally put some cheese on them and mash them up until they almost pureed looking - I like ketchup on my eggs too but some people think that's gross  ....  The ketchup certainly helps with keeping them moist.

GIGI6531
on 3/13/12 1:32 pm
 NIKKI, I have been following your post, a few days ago you were very sick. How are you and did you find the source of the problem?

Nikki C.
on 3/14/12 4:37 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Gigi,

Thanks for asking.  I am doing alot better.  I no longer have the chest pains that I associated initially with stress and I've started to get the post nasal drip under control with some allery meds but my allergies are still killing me.  It's been unseasonably warm where I am so this temperature change just hit me and has been reaking havoc on my system.  Nonetheless the mucous has thinned out, not backing me up and not making me feel full anymore or feeling the need to burp and my hiccups are gone.

I'm eating fine... a little too fine most times since my 1cc unfill but my restriction has been varying from day to night. I've kicked my band paranoia out the window for now and am working my PCP on the allergy thing which my surgeron knows of and he and I are going to come up with a future plan depending on where the "season" takes me.  If I respond well to these meds, I can get some fill back in a few weeks after I let things rest, if not I need to stay where I am at. 

At this point I was told there was no need for a firedrill to rushand get barium swallow or upper endoscopy with only sinus drainage present with no reflux or vomitting.  Hell if I was doing that everytime I thought omg something "could" be wrong, I'd be there every friggin other month!Unfortunately being a super worrisome person, I think alot of my symptoms are often brought on by the stress of my body reacting to other things.  But when life is hectic...what can you really expect.  Some people can let things roll off easily and not give shhhh but generally that is not me.  

I just need to remember that when I feel my band reacting to those things as well, I need to take things down a notch and be in control before things get out of control which can happen so easily!

Thanks again for checking in one me

Best,
Nikki

dianeg49
on 3/14/12 8:56 am
Nicci,
Glad to hear things are calming down some for you. I was kinda worried. (I'm a worrier, too.) Hopefully you can get these allergies under control. Stay strong!
Dianeg49            
Stacy T.
on 3/15/12 6:29 am
ARGH!!!! I find that stretching my arms above my head and walking around will help too! 

It will pass!!!!!!!!!!!!  oh that sucks!

Pre-Op wt : 210 (Nov 08)

Lowest Post-op wt: 145 (Jul 12)

Removal wt: 185 (Feb 19)

Most Active