urgent question

Bree P.
on 4/1/12 4:25 am - Chicopee, MA
How many grams of sugar are too much in a protien shake.  My mom just had surgery on friday and we bought her boost it has 24grams of sugar but 14grams of protien is that good ?  I cant recall from my surgery cause i couldnt do the shakes. 

thanks 
*~Bree~*      
MARIA F.
on 4/1/12 4:45 am - Athens, GA
On April 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM Pacific Time, Bree P. wrote:
How many grams of sugar are too much in a protien shake.  My mom just had surgery on friday and we bought her boost it has 24grams of sugar but 14grams of protien is that good ?  I cant recall from my surgery cause i couldnt do the shakes. 

thanks 

If she had the band also then sugar content is not really an issue like it is with RNY. However I try to keep mine under15 or so.

Boost is not a good option in my opinion. Early out I did Unjury, Nectar or there was another clear one, can't think of the name right now.

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 4:48 am - Mexico
On April 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM Pacific Time, Bree P. wrote:

thanks 

Boost is a product often used in hospitals to help people GAIN weight.  Same with Ensure.

Swanlakeprincess
on 4/1/12 4:53 am
 Thats a butt load of sugar. My protein shake has 23grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar.
It's Met RX protien plus. I get it at Trader Joe's.
Good Luck.
O.                    
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 5:32 am - Mexico
BTW, my protein shake has 120 calories, 1gm sugar, and 21 or 23 (I forget) gms of protein. If her surgery was for weight loss then she needs a protein product designed for weight loss, not weight gain. In order for her to get her protein in for the day she would have to drink 5 of those daily for a total of 1200 calories a day and a whopping 120gms sugar. Again, this is a weight gain product, not designed for weight loss.
Bubble S.
on 4/1/12 5:44 am, edited 4/1/12 5:45 am
The band WLS is strictly " Calories in Calories out"  My instructions from my NUT from day 1, was to keep every portion of food that I choose to eat  5grams of sugar and under per serving.

My fav protein shake early out was the Premier Shakes from Costco.  The now sell them at Sams Club as well.  30grams of protein per shake., 1 gram of sugar.   The Atkins shakes are good for the occasional  mix up because you can get  different flavors. I do like the Moca shake, but they usually only have about 15grams of protein per shake.

Too much sugar gets my tastes buds going and I start craving sweets.
 Remember, if you want to be a 155 pound person, you have to EAT like one. 
  View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

MARIA F.
on 4/1/12 5:55 am - Athens, GA

Premier is really good. I do those frequently.

FormerlyFluffy.com

-Mari-
on 4/1/12 5:56 am
It won't hurt her to use the protein you bought her, but I wouldn't buy it again. She is still in her healing phase. I buy the Unjury one, too, and EAS low carb. Of course she has to like the way it tastes. Unjury has 100 calories,  (3g sugar)20 gm protein and really taste good. EAS has 110 calorie,, 0 gm sugar, 17 gm protein, and taste pretty good, too. Some places have small trial sizes. Good luck to your Mom!!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Betty J.
on 4/1/12 6:28 am - Waterville, MN
REALIZE Band on 03/08/12
 I used the slim fast low carb shakes. sugar 2g protien 20gm.

Heaviest wt. 235- surgery wt-203

(Fallen trying to get back on)      Current wt= 215.

Edit   Delete  

Edit   Delete        

looking4hope
on 4/1/12 7:03 am
My NUT said no premade shakes for the first year. I did buy a few when I left in a hurry a few weeks ago and forgot to pack my shakes. That seems like way to much sugar.
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Most Active