4 year Vet Having Difficulty with food

grannymedic1
on 4/3/12 8:27 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Call the office of your bariatic surgeon and insist on talking to a nurse, PA, or the surgeon themselves. Mine tends to tighten once in a while for no apparent reason and the last time I told the PA that I had had to wait a week. He told me to never accept that and to let them know that while a fill is not an emergency an unfill is. I was also told that if the scheduling desk gave me any guff to ask to speak to one of them. He also went out with me and talked to the staff at the desk about the situation. I hadn't told him in order to have him do anything but it sure got taken care of.

I think sometimes at an office that handles several proceedures the staff up front may know the least about the vagaries of the band. Just don't take no for an answer. While they dink around you could could be getting into trouble.

So, let us know how it goes.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Marti P.
on 4/3/12 1:41 pm - San Jose, CA
I'm on clear liquids now and seeing someone tomorrow afternoon at the band doctor's office.  Thank you for your concern.
Marti

Ms Shell
on 4/4/12 9:14 am - Hawthorne, CA
How did your appointment go?

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Marti P.
on 4/4/12 1:19 pm - San Jose, CA
Ms. Shell,
Thank you so much for asking.  I went on up to Stanford where I got a slight unfill and taken off the clear liquids 
and back to the protein shakes for forty eight hours!  That"s the story>
Marti

Ms Shell
on 4/5/12 1:10 am - Hawthorne, CA
I pray you get some resolution!!  Don't be a stranger around these parts it can be GREAT for support!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Marti P.
on 4/5/12 1:29 pm - San Jose, CA
Ms Shell,
Thanks so much for checking back.  Believe it or not, my schedule is quite full, I have returned to part time cooking and volunteering and the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden, plus other activities, I don't have time to hang here.
I knew I would get a "push" in the right direction!

Marti

Jo 1962
on 4/4/12 4:50 pm - NearHouston, TX
Yay!  Thanks for letting us know!

Jolena

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

MARIA F.
on 5/14/12 2:24 pm - Athens, GA

Hi Marti...............just wondered how the band is working now?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Marti P.
on 5/14/12 3:01 pm - San Jose, CA
Hi Maria,
My band is working just fine, thank you for asking.  The slight unfill did the trick.  I have had no more problems.  I regained the weight I had lost, so I am at 141 lbs.  Still walking 3.50 miles on the treadmill 3X a week and lifting weights 2X a week, plus my other activities.

Marti in San Jose

MARIA F.
on 5/14/12 3:21 pm - Athens, GA

Glad it did the trick! And wow. You really are active!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active