Looking for a positive support buddy

JazzysGirl
on 4/10/12 5:52 am - North, GA
 I have to get this off of my chest.  I have had the LapBand for 6 years and was a steady member here for a long time.  I stopped visiting the site for support or to give support because of the tone and content of the posts. 

It's really sad to come back and find AFTER YEARS it is the same old thing.  

I would like to connect with POSITIVE people who are on a journey with the Lap Band.  If there are any out there that want to connect please send me a message.  You don't have to be from GA, I would like to be in contact with people who are open to supporting each other in a positive way.  

Thanks-
Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

steelerfan1
on 4/10/12 5:58 am, edited 4/10/12 5:58 am
There is quite a few of the vets that have went to another board. Im not sure which one it is though. They still do come back here and glance over posts . Im sure one of them will send you a message where they have all went to.

I dont post as much either because of the tone and content which is delivered by a few people on here .
JazzysGirl
on 4/10/12 7:27 am - North, GA
 Thanks for the reply.  I remember way back in the day receiving lots of support, it was really great.  It would be fun to get back to that here.  After all, we all needed help with weightloss or we wouldn't have had surgery regardless of the type.

All the best-
Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 6:53 am - Mexico
On April 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM Pacific Time, JazzysGirl wrote:
 I have to get this off of my chest.  I have had the LapBand for 6 years and was a steady member here for a long time.  I stopped visiting the site for support or to give support because of the tone and content of the posts. 

It's really sad to come back and find AFTER YEARS it is the same old thing.  

I would like to connect with POSITIVE people who are on a journey with the Lap Band.  If there are any out there that want to connect please send me a message.  You don't have to be from GA, I would like to be in contact with people who are open to supporting each other in a positive way.  

Thanks-
Susan

I don't quite get all the  new rules around here and I'm not sure i can post a link so I'll PM it to you.

sfnativewm
on 4/10/12 10:05 am
Welcome back!  Block the BS and enjoy the wonderful bandsters on the board!!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

SueBee01
on 4/10/12 10:25 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I am pretty new, but would also love the positive support. I am in N FL, neighbor!
 Sue

NunnOther
on 4/10/12 10:55 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
I am in N. Florida too, just got banded last week and would LOVE a positive supportive bander.  If you're interested, please let me know.
SueBee01
on 4/10/12 11:06 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Where did you have your surgery? I was at St. Vincents.
 Sue

NunnOther
on 4/10/12 11:26 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
My insurance wouldn't approve Jax Surgery Center, so it was done at Memorial.  
JazzysGirl
on 4/10/12 12:38 pm - North, GA
 Sounds like we got a match with SueBee and NunnOther! 

I don't think we can ever have too much positive reinforcement in our lives and decisions.  

I have loved and still love my band.  I often find that I forget I have it.  It sure has helped me lose weight.  I know I need to be better about eating smaller portions, smaller bites and such.  I think that is what I struggle with most.

If you are still interested in being a positive buddy, then send me a message.  I prefer
To email and will give you my email address.

Thanks so much!  I know you'll be successful!!  Just follow the rules. :)

Susan 

iconsicons icons icons 

Most Active