New cabbage soup diet

faithgirl140
on 4/23/12 1:00 am
Hey girls I am doing the new cabbage soup diet. I am starting it today. I made it last night and it is good. My co-worker lost 4 lbs in 5 days. It is 1 large jug of v-8 low sodium juice and 4 cans of chicken broth 2 chicken breasts (small) cook chicken and add carrots, ½ head of cabbage, 2 onions, broccoli, rotel tomatoes, 1 cup cannellini beans, ½ cup of whole wheat pasta, mrs dash, garlic powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Coo****il veggies are done. Breakfast 1 cup of fruit berries or apple or Kashi 7 whole grain puffs with 1 cup of fat free milk. Lunch eat soup and a salad with 2 tsp of lite dressing same for supper. Snack eat 1 cup of fruit or 2 cups of veggies. The lady in the add lost 8 lbs in one week. Try it and see if you can drop those last lbs.  Good Luck and I will let you know in a week how I did. Hugs Renea
Bette B.
on 4/23/12 1:54 am
Didn't we have weight-loss surgery so we could AVOID nonsense like this?

Take the soup out of the equation and you've still got a pretty good "diet." All the cabbage is going to do is make you lose water and fart a lot.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

kathkeb
on 4/23/12 2:02 am
Honestly, I got my band so I could stop doing diets like that.

This one in particular seems very low in protein.

My band works best when I eat small amounts of LEAN solid protein.
Soup does not satisfy my hunger and pasta gives me problems sometimes so this would definitely not be something I would try.
Kath

tripmom02
on 4/23/12 4:08 am - NJ
 How many crash diets are you going to do before you realize that that don't work and that you need to change YOUR LONG TERM BEHAVIOR? Good luck with that though. I guess the HCG diet failed after all, even though you where doing so fantastic with it.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Bette B.
on 4/23/12 5:12 am

Topic: RE: I tried it and I liked it.

I love HCG!!! It works so well and fast exspecialy when you have gained about 10lbs, It gets it off in a hurry! I am going to do a round after Christmas. I do have trouble with some of the food because it is so dry. I ordered the orange cream bariatric advantage shakes to use for lunch. They have 160 cals. They taste so good. I am glad that you had great sucess with the HCG. I got bashed to the max when I said anything about hcg. Love and Hugs to ya!!!! have you heard of happilythinnerafter.com

Topic: a book I found at the library Unlock the secrets that keep you fat

I found this book at the library yesterday. Author is Sandra Cabot Md. It has a lot interesting things that can keep us from losing weight. Check it out. My problem all along has been depression medicine and diabetes. I have been a slow loser and now I know why. You must keep your blood sugar as level as you can. A rise in blood sugar makes all of your fluids and fat go to your cells. A fatty liver can not work correctly to filter fat so it stores it. I think I am going to do a liver detox after christmas. Candita yeast can be in your intestines causing problems. You can take  a supplement of Glicemic Balance more info phone number is 623-334-3232 or 1-888 75 liver. There is also a shot you get from the Dr. called Victoza it helps keep your sugar level. Eat small snacks in the afternoon and before bed. Eating small meals through the day helps keep it level. This makes so much sense.

Topic: RE: Fad Diets

Yes I am doing it right now. I did the 2 load days and yesterday was the 1st 500 cal day. I lost 1 lb this morning. I have done great today looking for those pounds to fall off tonight! There is a forum hcgdietinfo.com/forum and happilythinnerafter.com they have the rules and receipes for the diet. I get my hcg from alldaychemist.com and then I order my mixing supplies from HGCBASICS,com This has helped me so much when I have a gain after the holidays. You have to eat low carb after the 21 days no starches or sugar for p3 then gradually add carbs back p4. If you really want to lose weight it is so worth it. I have 29 lbs left till I meet my goal. I am so ready to get there. I am 3 1/2 years out with my lapband. You just have to try different things that work for you

Topic: chia seeds boost your metabolism

Chia seeds are awesome!! They are zero calories and they don't taste. Here is a link to top 10 benefits of Chia seeds. Please read this http://mychiaseeds.com/articles/Top10ChiaBenefits.html
They thicken your protein shakes with zero calories. They boost your metabolism.

Topic: RE: Any low carbers left out here?

I am doing the hcg. I lost 6 1/2 lbs this last week. Whoo Hooo!  

Topic: RE: Anyone tried the ViSalus cake batter tasting shakes?

It is 99.00 per month but that is for 2 meals a day at around 2.00 each. If you get 3 people to order under you yours is free. I hope they come in the mail today.

Topic: Has anyone tried It Works skinny wraps?

Two weeks ago I tried one. I wore it for 2 hours. I measured before and I lost 1inch off of my tummy lose skin. I waited 3 days and did another one and I lost another inch. It really works. The lotion on the applicator soaks in and melts fat. I just became a loyal customer and I can get 4 wraps for 68.14. You sign up for 3 months auto ship and then you can just purchase when you want. It was amazing how you could feel your tummy tightening up around day 3. I am going to use these and exercise like crazy. I checked into a tummy tuck and it was going to be around 7,500.00. I hope this never happens but if my band quits working I will have to have a revision surgury I don;t and will not go back to having an insulin pump again. Jean's story hit home with me. I don't have problems now but will I in the future? I have to self pay for anything that I have done so I am going to wait on the TT. I am going to keep using these body wraps they are awesome! You can put them anywhere. On your neck, arms, back, tummy, legs, arms and face.

Topic: RE: Need exercise motivation

Dr Oz had a show about Raspberry Ketones they melt fat. I got some last week you take 2 capsules a day. Also I have done 3 It Works skinny wraps. I have lost 3 inches off of my lose skin. These are amazing. Just google It Works skinny wraps. You can try one for 25.00. I signed up to get them 4 for 68.00. You just have to have auto ship for 3 months. Then you can just order when you want. They have some amazing products. 

Hislady
on 4/23/12 1:37 pm - Vancouver, WA
Ok they may call it a new diet but that was around 40 years ago when I was dieting! It didn't work then and it won't work now. The m,inute you stop the soup BOOM it's all gonna come back, not to mention it is horribly low on protein. I vowed never to diet again and even with my band that doesn't work I WILL NOT succumb to these silly diet fads again. Diets don't work, especially crazy ones. Eat a nutritious, well balanced diet and you won't have to use crazy stuff like this.
He who can't be Named
on 4/23/12 3:01 pm
 I did that same diet decades ago, and did lose fast on it, but of course it didn't help me long term, since I've since had one WLS and am working on my second. Crash diets like it are likely part of what messed up my metabolism.

That said, I actually like the soup. A lot. I love V-8, and it is a logical veggie base for soup. I liked it with just the juice and cabbage, but of course that didn't have much protein. I did add many more veggies and beans, and like to add soy sausage crumbles to it.

I'm not exactly on a diet anymore, but do try to eat carefully, and still make this soup, or very similar. Try it with some quinoa too. I like the tri-colored stuff, but the regular has some protein too.

Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
Bexie
on 4/23/12 9:15 pm - MO
I know this diet, it works 100% of the time.  It's called Stop Eating.  In no time, you will have a body to Die for.  I lost 30 pounds in 11 days and my doctor said my weight loss was great (No lie).  

(This is sarcasm, by the way, and to anyone who thinks "Stop Eating" is an actual solution, I urge you to see a shrink, pronto!)
Ready For A Change
Bette B.
on 4/23/12 11:33 pm
 (This is sarcasm, by the way, and to anyone who thinks "Stop Eating" is an actual solution, I urge you to see a shrink, pronto!)

Or, just be like the dumb-ass brides who are having feeding tubes installed so they can lose 10 pounds for their wedding.

Bexie
on 4/24/12 2:51 pm - MO
I saw an article about that.  Scary!  I had a feeding tube for 7 days and it was misery, total misery!  I can't imagine doing that willingly.
Ready For A Change
Most Active