Almost 3 years later, I finally signed up for my first 5K!

pitablond
on 4/25/12 11:22 pm - Harrisburg, PA
My "bandiversary" is a month away but I thought I would share now.  I have been away from the board...I needed positive energy, not the negativity and petty stuff going on here every time I logged in.  I got my band 5/27/09 and have have some issues with getting stuck once in awhile but thats it so far.  I am not at my goal weight but I blame that on myself, not the band.  I have about 20-25 more to go.  I never had issues with being a big girl.  My goal is to be healthy...I could care less about being skinny.  With that being said, I just signed up to do the 5K Color Run in Philly.  Im stoked!

Do I cheat? Yes.  Its rare but it happens.I cant remember the last time I had a soda or fast food but I do like my coffee and chocolate!  I followed the rules to a "T" the first year and a half.  I still use 1 cup containers, still weigh food as much as possible, etc.

Do I go for followups with my band doc? Yes, I feel that its necessary to keep me on track...plus they think my hubby (he had RNY and lost 70lbs since February 13th) and I are awesome.  That keeps me positive too.  LOL

Do I work out? Yes...it wasnt consistant until recently though.

Am I happy with my band? Yes

Was this the easy way out? Heck no!  This is the hardest thing I have ever done next to being a mom of 2 boys! 

Would I do it over again? Heck yes!  Even if I should start having complications, I think getting the band was the best thing that I could have done. 

Thanks for reading and good luck to you all! Hope you can see the picture I attached!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Ginger83
on 4/26/12 12:27 am
REALIZE Band on 02/02/12
Congratulations!! You look amazing!! Your story is an inspiration!! Good luck in the future!
pitablond
on 4/26/12 12:59 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thank you!

Bette B.
on 4/26/12 1:20 am
 Congratulations and best of luck! With my arthritic old knees, I can barely WALK a 5K! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

pitablond
on 4/26/12 5:34 am - Harrisburg, PA
I worry about my knees but so far, so good. Figured that I better do it while I can! 

whithark
on 4/26/12 2:38 am - Bristol, RI
Congrats, you look awesome! Good luck with your 5K, I am running my 3rd this weekend! It's addicting!
Jaime 

pitablond
on 4/26/12 5:37 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Jaime!  The group I am going with are NOT runners but I have a feeling it will be addicting for me too!

tripmom02
on 4/26/12 5:08 am - NJ
 Shut up! I am going to be there too! Look for a crazy lady with four super blond kids chasing after her, that's me LOL Congrats on signing up, it looks like it's going to be a ton of fun, and my best friend did it last year and LOVED it. Enjoy yourself. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

pitablond
on 4/26/12 5:36 am - Harrisburg, PA
Our team name is Tube Socks & Tutu's...it won't be hard finding us.  lol  I am so beyond excited!

marymcd54
on 4/27/12 3:32 am - Warwick, RI
Congrats! I too will be running my 3rd 5k this Saturday!!
I will also be signing up for another one after I finish, this will keep me motivated to keep getting on the treadmill!!
Good luck this weekend!
Marylmcd

Most Active