Pre Surg Weight Gain..

pj_true512
on 4/29/12 5:13 pm - TX
Lap Band on 05/24/12
So after my 6 month appointment which was required before authorization from my insurance.. I have let myself go. Eating and drinking all the things I wont be able to have for a very long time, etc..
The Bucket list so to speak. NOW I realize I now have even more to lose and am scared. 
What was I thinking.. I feel and look heavy, bloated and now aggravated with myself. So I am starting my pre surg diet early.. Any way.. someone please tell me Im not the only one to do this.
SueBee01
on 4/30/12 6:12 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I am proud of you for recognizing what you did and that you need to move on and make things right. Be careful on your pre surg diet in that you don't dehydrate or sabotage yourself. Start by using new tools (i.e., buy a small plate and silverware to eat with). This way you can eat smaller portions and work your way down to what it will be like when you have surgery. I did that over a 2-3 month period prior to surgery and then when the band was placed, I just imagined that it was there and how I was going to treat it and myself to make things work. I also cut out the soda, caffiene and sweets too. Find healthier things that you really enjoy! Just eat less of them.

Good luck!
 Sue

pj_true512
on 4/30/12 6:26 am - TX
Lap Band on 05/24/12
Thanks. I havent started the complete presurg diet jsut yet. I have cut out drinking(except wine), sodas, fast food and most sweets. I enjoy the carb smart choc covered icecream bars a couple times a week.
As for the new tools.. I have (still in packages) toddlers sectioned plates and matching utensils.. lol Great minds think alike. And I normally already have either a protien shake or greek yogurt smoothie for breakfast most days a week. I refuse to cut out my coffee.. iced or hot.
I already quit smoking so please dont take my evening wine(not everyday) and my java :)
SueBee01
on 4/30/12 10:09 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Just get used to using something like MyFitnessPal to log everything you eat. It will help you to make better decisions. I eat out a lot and when I look up the nutritional value on foods I think are good, I freak out! You will eventually say is the 100 calorie low carb ice cream bar worth wasting 100 calories (especially when aim only eating 500 calories right now)! Believe me it really helps because when you enter everything and I mean everything, it also tells you what you should weight in 5 weeks if you keep it up. Very good motivation!

Good luck!
 Sue

Most Active