Stand still

Teri K.
on 5/3/12 3:39 am - Greenfield, OH
I am almost 4 years post op lap-band (108 lbs lost) and 7 months post baby   Baby was a big oopsie for us and totally unplanned, but such a blessing. Since that time, I have had my tubes tide.

Anyways, I am finding myself back at my pre-lapband weight and not losing. I was unable to have a fill until 4 months after delivery due to my original surgeon moving out of state. I have now had 2 fills with a new doctor and I have very good restriction, but I'm not losing. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get jump started? I don't remember it being this hard after the initial surgery and it is getting very discouraging. I have done the protein shakes to try to jump start,etc. all the stuff I did in the beginning, but the weight is not budging at all. HeLp!
Teri

tray1977
on 5/3/12 6:15 am - NC
VSG on 09/05/14
I KNOW!!!  
I am in the same boat minus the baby:-) I was band in 2009 and at the beginning everything was fine, weight just came off so easy..and to tell you the truth I am sick of those protein shakes

and I just completed my 1st Marathon this past March 17th in DC. I have went back to eating sugar free jello, Greek yogurt  and water..water..water..the exercise part is no issue..it is my eating..also eating grill chicken, no fried anything!! I believe if I could just stay away from fried foods then  I will be just fine. how about you? Are you eating any fried foods, soda's, McDonald's here and there? If I have to eat fried food than I will just pick ONE day out the week and that day will be my cheat day, cause yes we are allow to "cheat" at least once a week..but by my weight gain I was having cheat days everyday!  LMBO!

vlp1968
on 5/3/12 9:43 pm
Are you excersising? I know it's probably hard with a new baby but it's so important. It has so many benefits, just one being increasing your metabolism. Start out slow and gradually increase your duration/intensity. Good luck!
Most Active