Things sure have changed on here!!!!!!

Jen_CRT
on 5/19/12 1:54 pm - Banner, KY

3 years have past and things are different on here. This site use to be positive, but now it's just a negative mess.

Well here is some positive info on me!!! I am 3 years post op..... 4/9/2009!

I lost a total of 134 pounds!

Became pregnant in February 2011, but lost the baby in April 2011.

Gained 10 pounds due to eating too much ice cream and having a pity party for myself.

Became pregnant again in July 2011! Gained 55 pound!!! Had my beautiful daughter on 4/3/2012.

I've already lost 31 pounds (No I'm not breast feeding)

I have 24 pounds to go!!!! Going to take my time. Slowly increasing my exercise a week at a time!!!!

My point is the BAND works..... If you don't want the BAND then don't get it. All weight loss surgery takes work and it's a PERSONAL CHOICE!!!!!!

Please be respectful of others!!!!!!! Don't bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! 10 cc band with 8.3cc's in it.

Nikki4381
on 5/19/12 2:17 pm - NJ
Congrats on all your positive info!!! I hope you only cont. to get to all your goals, and enjoy your beautiful baby girl... awesome b-day I might add!!!! :) A little girl born on april 3rd, couldnt be much better LOL

:)  Nikki

Cheryl N.
on 5/19/12 2:38 pm - Des Moines, WA
Unfortuately, we are not bashing.  We are just sharing our experiences, not trying to be negative.  I"m happy that the band is working for you.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

whithark
on 5/19/12 7:56 pm - Bristol, RI
Congratulations on your beautiful baby and your weight loss!
Jaime 

cheyenne000
on 5/19/12 11:16 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
Congrats Jen

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 2:07 am - NC
thank you for a wonderful post. congrats on the baby and the weight lost and the positive post for this pre bander
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 5:01 am
On May 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, Jen_CRT wrote:

3 years have past and things are different on here. This site use to be positive, but now it's just a negative mess.

Well here is some positive info on me!!! I am 3 years post op..... 4/9/2009!

I lost a total of 134 pounds!

Became pregnant in February 2011, but lost the baby in April 2011.

Gained 10 pounds due to eating too much ice cream and having a pity party for myself.

Became pregnant again in July 2011! Gained 55 pound!!! Had my beautiful daughter on 4/3/2012.

I've already lost 31 pounds (No I'm not breast feeding)

I have 24 pounds to go!!!! Going to take my time. Slowly increasing my exercise a week at a time!!!!

My point is the BAND works..... If you don't want the BAND then don't get it. All weight loss surgery takes work and it's a PERSONAL CHOICE!!!!!!

Please be respectful of others!!!!!!! Don't bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! 10 cc band with 8.3cc's in it.

That finger wagging was just a bit crass, don't you think?

Nothing here has changed, the only thing that is different is there are more banded people with failed bands telling their story.  That isn't bashing and it's not disrespectful however it is kind of disrespectful to expect only happy, peppy, perky people will post only positives and those with problems need to go away.

Please, try to be nice.
NanaB.
on 5/20/12 9:37 am

This board HAS CHANGED since I've been posting here in 7 years...mostly band basherS hang out here now....and THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Jen_CRT
on 5/20/12 11:07 am - Banner, KY
I see that you became a member in 2012...... Right????? I became a member in 2009. So were you on here in 2009???? Things have changed and I'm allowed that post my point of view. There are complications with the band, a good surgeon and office staff would have explained that.

About being happy.... Yes, I'm happy that I researched the band for 2 years prior to having the surgery.

Peppy..... Yes, I do have way more pep. My ankles don't swell any more and my knees and hips don't cause me pain anymore. Now I am able to run after my children.

Perky..... I guess you can say I am!

The Lap Band system is a tool you have to work it, but It's a personal choice what you put in your mouth.

NanaB.
on 5/20/12 9:36 am

Congrats on your new baby!....and you are right the band works if you work it!!!

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Most Active