Things sure have changed on here!!!!!!

Dev *.
on 5/21/12 12:06 am - Austin, TX
Yes, the biggest change appears to be that we have a number of people who, although they have valuable experiences to share, cannot manage to provide their information without being extremely hostile because they have decided that, in their opinion, no one should get a band, ever. Sadly, I think it has the effect not of truly turning a lot of people away from getting the band (though I think it does deter some people), but of turning those who want to get the band away from a source of support and information...a great way to facilitate further problems for those who don't feel they can come here for help without being attacked. The only way to truly help remedy this problem is to be around to share your positive experiences in a balanced way. Too many of us who are happy, or happy enough, with out bands have been chased away and it results in new people getting a very, very unbalanced view of things around here.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Tooty
on 5/21/12 3:58 am - Germantown, TN
AMEN JEN!!  And CONGRATS!!! 

Yes, It has definitely changed, and it is kind of depressing.  I don't come by very often, only when I'm really bored at work..lol...

I think a lot of people just got tired the way the board has turned and have left...I'm sad that the administrators have let it get to this point.   It's definitely not the kind of board I would want if it was my site.
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
adorkbl
on 5/21/12 9:35 am
Congrats on your success and your band baby!! :)

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Jen_CRT
on 5/22/12 3:08 am - Banner, KY
Thank you to the people who show love and support!!!!!! My main goal is to post my new journey...... Weight loss after a band baby. During my pregnancy I hardly could find any real person experience with it. Keep ya posted!

Tom C.
on 5/22/12 3:33 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS on all your SUCCESS, and having a BABY.

My condolences in losing one.

Keep up the great work, and great to have you back!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
tripmom02
on 5/22/12 5:35 am - NJ
 So sorry to hear about your loss, I have been there myself and know how hard it can be. 

Congrats on your daughter though, I am sure she is the love of your life. 

I am one of the people who lost their band, and I stick around to share and help others and also because some of my favorite people still post here and I like to read what they write. I know some people see me as negative, but I share what happened to me because I feel it's important. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Jen_CRT
on 5/22/12 12:36 pm - Banner, KY
Thank you for you kind words. I do feel that it is important for everyone to share their story, but there is a right way and a wrong way. I feel that the whole Lap Band Forum is a negative mess. I never called out certain people, but as you have the right to tell your story I have the right to tell mine.

MARIA F.
on 5/23/12 4:12 pm - Athens, GA
On May 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM Pacific Time, Jen_CRT wrote:
Thank you for you kind words. I do feel that it is important for everyone to share their story, but there is a right way and a wrong way. I feel that the whole Lap Band Forum is a negative mess. I never called out certain people, but as you have the right to tell your story I have the right to tell mine.

You do have every right to tell your story. However you have NO right to tell *OUR* stories incorrectly!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 5/23/12 4:10 pm - Athens, GA
On May 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, Jen_CRT wrote:

3 years have past and things are different on here. This site use to be positive, but now it's just a negative mess.

Well here is some positive info on me!!! I am 3 years post op..... 4/9/2009!

I lost a total of 134 pounds!

Became pregnant in February 2011, but lost the baby in April 2011.

Gained 10 pounds due to eating too much ice cream and having a pity party for myself.

Became pregnant again in July 2011! Gained 55 pound!!! Had my beautiful daughter on 4/3/2012.

I've already lost 31 pounds (No I'm not breast feeding)

I have 24 pounds to go!!!! Going to take my time. Slowly increasing my exercise a week at a time!!!!

My point is the BAND works..... If you don't want the BAND then don't get it. All weight loss surgery takes work and it's a PERSONAL CHOICE!!!!!!

Please be respectful of others!!!!!!! Don't bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! 10 cc band with 8.3cc's in it.

~ My point is the BAND works.....~

That is a LIE! The band works for *SOME*. Be happy that you are one of the LUCKY ones that is it presently working for. You have NO right to judge and tell us that OUR bands work when that is NOT the case!!! You say to be respectful....................but you are NOT being respectful of us by basically telling us that we are lying about having failed bands! PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active