BACK ON TRACK !!!

Tina_1966
on 6/7/12 12:44 am - Louisville, KY

I was banded back in Oct 2008....didn't do what I was supposed to do and had no success. I went back to my surgeon last Thursday with my head hung low and told him that I was ready. He made no adjustments to my band just gave me a sample menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner suggestions and told me to stop drinking with me meals.
Well I have done just that and have lost 11 pounds in a week. I could just kick myself for not following the rules back when I first had the surgery but the past is the past. I'm feeling more motivated and determined than I have ever felt.

Tarris
on 6/7/12 12:54 am
Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How was your hunger level between each meal?

Tina_1966
on 6/7/12 1:00 am - Louisville, KY
Hunger level? Sometimes it ges really bad.....like I feel that the people around me can hear my stomach growling and sometimes not so bad. It depends on how busy I am or how bored i am too.
Tarris
on 6/7/12 4:57 am
Ouch!  That has to be hard.  It's hard enough not to snack when you get 3-4 hours of relief from hunger signals!  One thing I did as I was working my fill level up was to keep track of how long after each meal I felt true hunger.  I knew that when I regularly made it between 3 and 4 hours that I was at a pretty good fill level.  Keeping track might help you and your doc have an idea of when and how much to fill as you start going back in regularly. 

Best of luck.

Tina_1966
on 6/7/12 5:49 am - Louisville, KY
Thank you! That's a great idea!
NanaB.
on 6/7/12 7:10 am
Congrats on losing 11 pounds -- WOW!! You must be on a mission!! Keep up the good work, and hopefully you will have your lap band in full gear soon to help you along the way.
 Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

sharebear
on 6/7/12 9:51 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
11 pounds in 1 week!!! Thats so great!! What were you eating? You have no fluid in your band? Congrads btw I love hearing this ... im stuck right now myself and this is awesome to hear!

SueBee01
on 6/7/12 11:42 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Congratulations on the renewed commitment and great loss! Welcome back.
 Sue

Tina_1966
on 6/8/12 12:07 am - Louisville, KY
I'm sure that I do have fluid in my band.....just not sure how much seeing as how the last fill I had was back in 2009. I'm hoping that when I go back in a couple of weeks that he does an adjustment though because depending on what I eat I am sometimes hungry after 30 to 45 minutes after I eat. Thanks for your kind words though and good luck to you!
kathkeb
on 6/7/12 2:40 pm
Hey, Tina,   I don't know how old you are, but it wasn't until my late 40's that I really learned that 'we are ready when we are ready' ---- and tryly embraced the fact that it is hard to change behavior even when we are strongly motivated to change (which is why we can never really change another person!!!)

Congrats for deciding that the time is now -- and for having the courage to start over.
Kath

Most Active