Weight loss after band baby!!!!!!

Jen_CRT
on 6/16/12 4:29 pm - Banner, KY
So as I have posted on here before I wanted to blog my journey after having a band baby. I never could find much info about it during my pregnancy.

I am 11 weeks post baby this Tuesday. I have had 2 fills so far and a upper GI to check things out. Everything look good and band was still in place.

During my pregnancy I had NO restriction at all. I only had one cc removed leaving me with 7cc's in my bad. I was told due to hormonal changes this was normal.

I have switched back to my original Dr because I was not impressed with the new doc closer to home. I am now at 8.3 cc's.

Things are going good and I'm almost at my new sweet spot. 8 cc's was my sweet spot before baby.

I've lost 42 pounds so far of my 55 pound weight gain. YAY ME!

I would love to hear from band mommies to share stories! Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/12 10:41 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
CONGRATULATIONS on the baby

I just bookmarked this thread, so I can direct pre and post op LAGB pregnancies with questions over to you. Thank you for taking the time to blog about your band pregnancy,

Lisa

SueBee01
on 6/16/12 11:53 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
No baby here, but congratulations on baby and losing again!
 Sue

Mell
on 6/18/12 3:36 am
Hi! My first band baby I gained 50/55 also, lost all except about 10 by 5 months out and then got pregnant again. I had a band issue before I got pregnant the first time and had the larger band put in during those 5 months. This time I have 4cc still in my band and have only gained about 30lbs and I am 33 weeks so not as bad as before. I hope to not to have too much of a hard time loosing the weight this time.
BroomHilda
on 6/19/12 3:37 am
Congratulations to you on your new bundle of joy. I wanted to let you know that I too have had a band baby and are currently pregnant with my second band baby. I totally sypathize with you on the lack of information available regarding lapbands and pregnancy and unfortuntately I found myself the Ginnea Pig between my OBGYN, and my Band Doctor. My doctors allowed me to keep all the fluid in my band throughout my entire pregnancy, however durning delivery my band slipped and I did not experience any symptoms beside heartburn which I thought was totally normal. I mean hello I was just pregnant, right? Wrong! See neither Dr. had any experience with pregancy and banded women so it was the blind leading the blind. All they knew was to take all the fluid out and that just terrified me since I worked so hard to get to where I was in terms of weight. It took my persuassion to allow me to keep the fluid in my band.

After my son was about 2 1/2 months I went in to the Dr. to get a jump start fill and was asked about heartburn. We looked at my band under flouro and found it had slipped. I was so scared. We removed the fluid for 3 months and lucky me everything bounced back into place. I did not gain any weight during that time because I was like a drill sargent.

I had gained  31 lbs with my son and lost all but 11 lbs before I was ended up getting hit with a very emotional year. Long story short, it was like a 3 month tsunami. Every 3mths something crazy and highly stressful would happen. We got wrapped up in a terrible real estate deal trying to buy our first home, we losted a baby at 14 weeks and then I lost my father so I managed to gain weight and now I am back to the same weight on the day I delivered my son which is totally mortifying to me and I wanted so badly to be back to prebaby weight before we got pregnant again. However you can want in one hand and do nothing in the other and you will see that not happen. Anywhoo I am now 8 weeks pregnant again with our next baby and here is my game plan to insure an easy transistion and minimal weight gain.

Prior to Pregnancy I had a  unfill to assist in any Morning Sickness. In about a week or two from now I will go to get a fill and put myself back on track and then mid way through my third trimester I will have all the fluid removed and get filled again 6 weeks post delivery.

Band information: I have a 10cc Lapband AP Band
Most filled 4.2 ccs
Before Pregnancy 3 ccs
Removed 1.6 cc on 5/16/12
Currently have 1.4 ccs

Wish you all the luck,

Broom

Starting Weight 346.7lbs Current Weight 199lbs Goal Weight 150lb
Jen_CRT
on 6/19/12 12:33 pm - Banner, KY
WOW! I wish I had communicated with you during my pregnancy. I totally understand where you are coming from. I also suffered a miscarriage and gained 10 pounds going on a ice cream binge. 3 months after that I became pregnant with my DD. When I was 12 weeks pregnant my 4 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. I was devastated. I went back to my old habits..... Emotional eating. I tried my best and I kinda think I did ok. I now have 13 pounds left and I take it one day at a time. Congrats and best wishes!!!!!

BroomHilda
on 6/20/12 3:05 am
BroomHilda
on 6/20/12 3:08 am
I totally know about the emotional eating and Ice Cream is banded in my home just for that reason. Thank you so much for sharing and please feel free to PM me anytime.

Take care,

Broom

PS You Can Do IT I Believe in you!

Starting Weight 346.7lbs Current Weight 199lbs Goal Weight 150lb
Most Active