My Band is out

bandarella
on 6/25/12 7:38 am - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12

My band & gallbladder are both out. I'm sore but, getting better each day. It is such a strange sensation to drink/eat (soft foods only for now) anticipate that dreaded stuck/tight feeling, and it doesn't come. The thing I struggle with now is the mental problem of knowing I have nothing aiding me in my weight battle except myself. It's difficult to try and eat healthy when I'm limited to my food choices right now and don't have all the right things in the house. Once I get the clearance to eat vegetables and chicken etc again, I think it may lower my anxiety. I see my doctor this Friday and we'll see about how she'd like to proceed with the VSG in a few months. Although, my PMD seems to think once I can eat all the right foods, after all the years of not being able to eat well & some dedication I can succeed without any further surgery. I don't share her enthusiasm but I'm willing to see what happens. I have to wait at least 2-3 months before she can do the sleeve and I honestly DO NOT look forward to another surgery. Let's see what happens over the next few months. I'm approved for the VSG should I decided I do indeed need it.

Phyllis  

Using a touch screen on my IPad, excuse any typos. 

MARIA F.
on 6/25/12 7:58 am - Athens, GA

Glad you're feeling better now. And even more glad your approved for revision should you need it. Good luck!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

BuckeyeGirl
on 6/25/12 8:14 am - TN
Glad to hear all went well with your band removal. I did the same thing after mine as far as waiting for the stuck feeling only to realize it wasn't coming.

It will be easier to implement healthy eating guidelines when you're cleared for all foods again. Just focus on recovery for now.

Keep us updated on your progress!
Best,
Lindsey

bandarella
on 6/25/12 8:20 am - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
My main focus is recovery right now. My worst experience of this removal was that my nose & tongue piercings closed up. =(  Oh, well maybe they'll be Birthday presents to myself again in January.

Phyllis  

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/12 10:16 am
Hi Band
Hope you feel better soon. Rest up and you will back to normal soon.
Guernica Loser
on 6/25/12 2:33 pm
 so sorry you had to go through that, but I'm rooting for you!!!  Get some cottage cheese in the house.  That's my go to when the damn band gets so fickle...
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

kim marsden
on 6/26/12 2:38 am - Canada
Can I ask why you had it removed? 
bandarella
on 6/26/12 3:35 am - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
 It was my 2nd band. It wasn't working for me. I couldn't eat most foods no matter how many adjustments I had. I had fills and unfills and I was never comfortable. I stopped losing completely and started to regain. I thought about it and researched a long time. I felt it was best for me. Now, that it's out I feel a lot better. 

Phyllis  

Nic M
on 6/26/12 3:42 am
I'm glad you're feeling better. Rest up and heal well!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

kim marsden
on 6/26/12 4:20 am - Canada
I am having the same issues with getting stuck on alot of foods especially the good ones.  I don't even look forward to social events where there is a meal involved as I get stuck on bite number one and in the bathroom for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes trying to get the discomfort to go away. 
Most Active