Heard that there are problems with the bands!

traceyls57
on 7/12/12 10:54 am
A friend of mine is getting weight loss surgery. I asked her which one and she said, either the RYN or the sleeve. I asked her if she looked at the band and she said her doctor didn't recommend it because of the problems they have had with the band rusting/deteriorating! Has anyone heard this?

Gp/weight.png[/img]
://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wp3oOyK/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

MARIA F.
on 7/12/12 11:24 am - Athens, GA

Many Drs. now refuse to do the band b/c of all the band complciations! And of those that do...........some of them remove more than they put in now.

As far as "rusting", no. The band does not rust. Deteriorating? I can see how it could eventually but that is generally not the problem. The problem is the damage it causes to bandsters internally............slips/erosion/esophageal dysmotility/dialation/vagus nerve damage............the list goes on. :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Bette B.
on 7/12/12 11:39 am
 There are several issues with the band, but "rusting/ deteriorating" are not ones!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 7/12/12 4:14 pm - UK
 Even the band's worst enemies are not going  to tell you the band rusts! Deterioration is not something that has been reported  - to my knowledge anyway!

Whichever surgery your friend gets, a better informed doctor might be advisable! 

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 7/12/12 4:40 pm - Davison, MI
Nope!  Never heard of plastic, silicone rusting.  I can see deteriorating not rusting.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 7/12/12 4:41 pm - Davison, MI
Good to see you still here Bette and Kate!  You were my heros when I was here before.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Bette B.
on 7/13/12 10:04 am
 It really is nice to hear that. THANK YOU!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Nic M
on 7/13/12 12:36 pm
Paula C.
on 7/13/12 12:36 pm
It is inappropriate to post this kind of thing using people's REAL names. 

Please delete.

Stephanie M.
on 7/13/12 12:49 pm
 You must be able to see something I cannot...no names were mentioned.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active