Sick with flu since Monday, need help!

traceyls57
on 7/13/12 1:08 pm
What do you do when you feel like you have to throw up and can't eat?

Gp/weight.png[/img]
://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wp3oOyK/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Nic M
on 7/13/12 1:12 pm
Are you able to drink some flat ginger ale? 
If the nausea doesn't pass, I think I'd ask my doc for some anti nausea medication, maybe. Are you throwing up already? Or do you just feel nauseated?

Can you get any food in at all, Tracey? If not, I really think I'd get in touch with a doctor, just to be on the safe side.

Hope you feel better soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

traceyls57
on 7/13/12 1:31 pm
I had a few bites yesterday, started out feeling better only to start. Feeling sick again. Just tried a half of cup of soup, and burping like crazy. Haven't thrown up, but feeling like I could! I have anti nausea pills which I took on the first day this started, but I was told not to take them very often.

Gp/weight.png[/img]
://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wp3oOyK/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

MARIA F.
on 7/13/12 1:43 pm - Athens, GA

What Nicci said. Oh and I realize this wont' help you right now, but in the morning if you can get some ginger candy. Some pharmacies actually carry it. It's suppose to help with nausea. But make sure you get checked. You don't want to take chances with thigs like this when u had the band in!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Stephanie M.
on 7/13/12 1:55 pm
 Popsicles are good...not sugar free.  The idea is to gradually elevate your blood glucose, since when you've been ill, it can be very low.  They also help you rehydrate.  Gatorade is good too, just tiny sips.  Hope you feel better soon!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

pineview01
on 7/13/12 2:17 pm - Davison, MI

What they said.  Take care of yourself.  Slowly sip the hot broth and all the other stuff and call the doc. 

That is the one blessing I've had since banding.  No stomach flu only none sick throw up.  I know we are suppose to call if we do as they would want to unfill us.  At least that was the instrutions 3 years ago.

Take care and get better.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/12 12:06 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Tracey, was it actually the flu or was it related to the gallstones?

I hope you are feeling better.

Lisa
Most Active