Port is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!

amberar68
on 7/21/12 2:37 pm - AR
REALIZE Band on 07/09/12
I'm 12 days out of surgery. Only one incision still giving me trouble.  They placed the port right under my left breast. Feels like it sits right on top of my ribs. Very uncomfortable and hard to bend or move, even though most of the swelling has already gone down. Not taking pain meds because they don't help this problem.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and please tell me it gets better.

Amber
minnie_cat
on 7/21/12 2:57 pm
Did the doctor tell you your port was under your breast?  I just assumed most are south the band. I think they usually attach/anchor the port to muscle.  It could just be given the area where yours was placed is a little more sensitive.  Still, call the surgeon Monday and the nurse can probably reassure you or suggest you come in.

Good luck.

amberar68
on 7/23/12 4:53 pm - AR
REALIZE Band on 07/09/12
Yes, I talked to the nurse last week and she verified that's where the port is.  Just seems like a terrible place for it to me. Thanks for replying.

The greatest thing in life you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return

Iam_with_the_Band
on 7/21/12 5:49 pm
 It will get better! My port was in that same place! It was difficult to sleep on my side and tummy for about 6 months. Promise it will get better!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

amberar68
on 7/23/12 4:54 pm - AR
REALIZE Band on 07/09/12
Thank you!
Guernica Loser
on 7/22/12 9:03 am
 it was uncomfortable for quite a while for me.  Like said before it's attatched to muscle. 
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

SueBee01
on 7/22/12 9:57 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Mine is next to my bellybutton under my right breast. I remember it being tender for a long time as it is right near my larger incision. Even tonight it felt a little tender. It comes and goes, but now it is just a bother, not painful.

I agree, it is attached to a muscle and our bodies are changing and our skin is moving.

If it gets too bad ask your doctor.
 Sue

Tiff tells all
on 7/22/12 8:35 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
My port has been a few places compliments of skin and muscles shifting and then a port repair because it ripped loose on one side. Each surgery was totally different in terms of repair. I'm a few years out and it still gets sore from time to time. The port pain/irritation for me, It's like my mental jog that reminds me to be conscious of where I was and where i am in my journey.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Pickles123
on 7/24/12 7:38 am, edited 7/24/12 7:39 am
Amber:

I get port pain now and then.  I am sure it is just some way that I twist or pick up something.

My doctors nurse suggested ice for 10 min on then 10 min off.  I am not an ice person; but. it seems to work..

It might work for a new port also since it could help with the swelling,

I hope you find an answer.

Have a great day!
amberar68
on 7/31/12 6:00 pm - AR
REALIZE Band on 07/09/12
Thanks for all the replies and support guys!!! Greatly appreciate it!

Most Active