Needing a big swift kick in the ....

Lowcountry
on 9/11/12 6:38 am - Lady's Island, SC
Lazy breeds lazy. Such is my reality. I've gained about 25lbs over the summer. Unlike some people I don't blame my band. I blame only one thing and that is my own damn laziness and lack of will power. I first started making excuses like it's to damn hot, I'm tired, I'll do it tomorrow, and etc.... Now all the clothes I bought when I was doing the right thing are to tight and I feel miserable. Yesterday I did good. I ate the right things and did a little exercise. Today I'm doing good thus far....however, I'm craving salty, crunchy like crazy. Not hungry just a want. I have free potato chips in a drawer behind me that call my name all day long and as of late I've been caving to those cravings. But not today. I can't promise tomorrow but damn it I can say today I will resist. I need some accountability buddies. If anyone is interested email me and we'll work out a way to kick each others asses.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

pineview01
on 9/11/12 9:10 am - Davison, MI
Sorry to hear you are having trouble and have gained.  Sounds like you know what you need to do.   Here is your KICK.!

Back to basics!  Are you able to get in lots of dense protien.  I was able to start eating better after getting unfilled so I could eat my protien.  As the band kept getting tighter they kept unfilling it for me so I could eat right.  I was able to lose 50 pounds this summer by getting in the protien which helped me avoid those nasty chips that call your name and swimming a hour 5-7 days a week.

Good Luck and keep on trying.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lowcountry
on 9/11/12 9:45 am - Lady's Island, SC
Thanks. My restriction fluctuates from I can eat the side of a cow in one bite to getting stuck on water. It can go from one extreme to the other from one meal to the next. However, I did notice that going back to band basics is having an effect the past couple of days. I'm not drinking water 30 minutes before meals and 1 hour after meals and I'm really staying full longer. Taking 20 minutes to eat and taking tiny bites and chewing like crazy whether I have restriction or not is helping me feel satiated longer too. I'm jumping on my bike today and riding for an hour. I'd love to add swimming to my work out eventually. Ride my bike to the pool swim 30 minutes and ride home. That would be a great workout. I've got an appointment to see my surgeon(yet another thing I've neglected) on Columbus day. I plan to discuss the fluctuation restriction issue.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

pineview01
on 9/12/12 11:14 am - Davison, MI
I was the same with restriction.  Getting back to basics always helps.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kim S.
on 9/11/12 1:40 pm - North of Boston, MA
 Consider this your kick!

In rare moments of willpower I throw the chips away!  If they're around I always find an excuse to eat them.  I can always tell when I'm going the wrong way when I start putting the chips (usually MY favorite flavor) in grocery cart so "the family" can enjoy them.

Fall is an excellent time to get back on track.

Kim

Down 95+ pounds and still trucking along

melly37
on 9/12/12 7:07 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
LOL Kim, I can so relate to this!!  When I am doing well, I don't buy chips, or I buy a flavor I can live without.  The games we play with ourselves!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

melly37
on 9/12/12 7:08 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Good for you, for getting back on track Lowcountry!!  I have been struggling this summer, dealing with lots of hormone issues that hasn't helped at all.  Putting down the chips is the best start! 

Su*****onsistent restriction was something that drove me crazy when I had the band.  I hope you can get it resolved!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

steelerfan1
on 9/12/12 7:12 am
what is it with chips this summer lol. I didnt touch the dang things the first yr out of my surgery and now its like I cant get enough of them *sigh*. It's hard to because I do keep them around for my son to pack in his lunch and does that make it hard to stay out of them when you have the munchies
Lowcountry
on 9/12/12 10:41 am - Lady's Island, SC
My problem with chips is that where I work we have this huge draw filled to the brim with excess chips, cookies, and granola bars. And I have co workers constantly eating them right next to me. This week I've gotten back to Band Basics and it seems to be really helping with the cravings because I actually feel fuller on less food. Thanks Y'all for the kick in the ass. When I first came to this site it was full of people lifting each other up and sometimes kicking each others butts when needed to help in motivation. It's sad to not see the old avatars and people on this forum and to see it has spiraled into an anti lap band forum. Maybe we can collectively get it back to what it once was.

-Gordie Howe

Most Active