United Healthcare

Cali_SL
on 10/1/12 5:51 am - Los Angeles, CA
I had my RNY  surgery done in June 2009. I am very unhappy with my weight loss results. I will be switching to United Health care in January and I will be asking about getting a B.O.B (band over bypass). I would like to know if any of the members here had their surgery through United Health care in or near Los Angeles, CA and would you please let me know which office you belong to. Thank you!
~Cali          
dmoore1162
on 10/2/12 2:17 am
I wonder if you can call them to see what their criteria is.  I know from experience with my boyfriend, they are a pain to work with.  My boyfriend has neck issues and services that were paid for by other companies, including Blue Cross and Medicare, they flat out rejected as experimental. 

What are the chances of doing it with your current carrier. 
Delores Moore
it's never too late

Cali_SL
on 10/2/12 9:16 am - Los Angeles, CA
I'm currently with Kaiser. But I'm leaving them for other reasons not related to my surgery. Besides, I doubt they'd approve it because I already had the RNY.
dmoore1162
on 10/2/12 12:16 pm
You might want to give them a call to find out the critera for revision surgery.  Mine paid for my band over bypass surgery.  I had to meet the critera as it if was my first surgery, 6 month weight loss program, psych eval etc.

It's a quick phone call and you really have nothing to lose.
Delores Moore
it's never too late

Rai
on 10/2/12 7:45 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16
I have UHC and my procedure was aproved in 5 days. But, I met the criteria for it. Give them a call.
Modifying my sexy!            
DaVirtuous1
on 12/12/12 3:05 am - Gainesville, FL

Hey Rai did u hv the band or did u hv RNY.. I started this journey in March of this yr and I'm just now getting all my paperwork and bloodwork done but I hv to submit 6 months of dieting which will be completed in April...so once ur Dr submitted all ur completed work to the insurance company how long did it take to get an approval...I'm so anxious now

....."Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."

Rai
on 12/12/12 4:29 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16

I had the band but three of my coworkers (also with UHC) had RNY. Once my sleep study, psych evaluation, and blood work was complete I requested copies for my 'records' faxed everything to UHC myself.

Modifying my sexy!            
Rai
on 12/12/12 4:55 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16
On December 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM Pacific Time, DaVirtuous1 wrote:

Hey Rai did u hv the band or did u hv RNY.. I started this journey in March of this yr and I'm just now getting all my paperwork and bloodwork done but I hv to submit 6 months of dieting which will be completed in April...so once ur Dr submitted all ur completed work to the insurance company how long did it take to get an approval...I'm so anxious now

Check you message box

Modifying my sexy!            
Mell
on 10/8/12 2:57 am
I have it also and needed a revision when I was fairly new. What I found out is that my employer uses them as a 3rd party administratior so I just keep pushing and called my benifits lady at work also who pushed them. But keep notes on who you spoke to etc..
Good luck!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Most Active