So glad my band helped me enjoy my vacation

SueBee01
on 10/9/12 11:02 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Just got back from a two week cruise through New England and Canada. Having my band and losing the weight I have so far allowed me to walk a little farther, make good food choices and exercise twice a day while cruising. Don't get me wrong, I still have a long way to go as I still have hip pain every day, but I am down 121 pounds and am ready to investigate the pain in my hip now.

Without my band, I would still be sitting on the couch eating everything in sight and watching tv every night, saying poor, poor, pitiful me.

Now I am doing things about it, feeling good, buying smaller clothes and enjoying the nice comments I get from people who sometimes don't even recognize me.

I am saddened by those who have had problems and only wish the best for them. Thanks to all of the veterans for support and I send encouragement to our newbies!
 Sue

Rai
on 10/9/12 11:10 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16
Glad you had a great time Sue! Hope all goes well with your hip. I have problems with mine too. I recently found out one was a bit higher than the other. It made it difficult to do certain execises, but i go to therapy to keep them aligned now. Again. all the best.
Modifying my sexy!            
SueBee01
on 10/9/12 11:14 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Thanks Rai! I have been seeing a massage therapist for quite some time and she thinks it is a muscle issue. When I go tomorrow I just may ask the chiropractor to see what he thinks. May need an adjustment too!
 Sue

NanaB .
on 10/9/12 11:14 am
Sound like you've had a great time with your vacation, and congrats on your awesome weight loss, you done very well. The hip pain could be from massive weight loss, sometimes that happens, but do get it checked out.

Even with my hernia, I still love my band and love what it has done for me over the years, I'd hate to lose it, but if it comes down to that, I will have to deal with it and move on.

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

SueBee01
on 10/9/12 11:17 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I too wondered if all of the loose skin wasn't causing problems. But, I have had this pain for over two years. It has gotten better, just hasn't gone away like I was hoping it would.

Thanks for all your support!

Best wishes to you and your band. Being healthy is the most important.
 Sue

Bette B.
on 10/9/12 11:29 am
 I know that my knees are worse than they have ever been, and that part of the problem is that there is so much saggy skin from my thighs pressing down on them. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

SueBee01
on 10/10/12 12:12 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I'm with you on that! I hope to be able to afford to fix all of that one day.
 Sue

kathkeb
on 10/9/12 2:53 pm
Sue,
Isn't it such a blessing to be able to enjoy better mobility and health??!!

We just got back from vacation, also ... And the ability to see the sights and just participate in life was so much fun!!

Congrats on getting out there and enjoying every minute.

Good luck with the hip pain.
Kath

SueBee01
on 10/10/12 12:16 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Thanks for all of your support! Saw my chiropractor today and he immediately said sciatic nerve! He took a couple x-rays and said three pinched nerves that he will work on three times a week for the next two weeks and thinks I should see vast improvements! Keep your fingers crossed. He also said don't be surprised if it doesn't get worse before better during the treatment. Well, it was worse this afternoon, but I still headed to the pool for an hour and feel better tonight.

No golf or tennis until we figure this out, pool and bicycle only for me now!
 Sue

Most Active