3 Year Bandiversary!

Marcia J.
on 10/15/12 7:15 am - Coventry, CT
Hi Everyone,
Just decided to post today as it is three years since my lap band surgery and I am happy to say that I have kept off (nearly all) of 90 pounds!  I had a set back last spring when I found I had gained 17 pounds back (which scared the life out of me!) but I got back on track and have lost nearly all of that now.

I had been down about another 8-10 pounds for a while (low of 145) but found that I just could not maintain that.  So I am OK with being at 155 now, although I am  hoping to get down to 150 before the holidays.  I have had a smooth ride with the band and i would do it again in a heartbeat! 

One thing that I have found is that it is *much* harder to lose after a regain.  It took me almost 6 months to lose 15 pounds which was torture but the band did it's thing and when I follow the rules, it still works!

So good luck to all the newbies - I only wish I had done this about 20 years ago (I am 55 now!) 

minnie_cat
on 10/15/12 8:51 am
congrats on your success and thanks for checking and sharing!

Rai
on 10/15/12 11:09 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16
Congrats!!!
Modifying my sexy!            
Bette B.
on 10/15/12 11:16 am
 Congratulations and happy anniversary!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Jean M.
on 10/15/12 8:42 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Congratulations!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

pineview01
on 10/16/12 4:31 pm - Davison, MI
Congratulations!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active