What are THOSE days for you?

grannymedic1
on 10/24/12 1:20 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I was reading something this morning that took me back to some firsts.

The day I saw cheekbones.
The day I found collarbones. (I stroked them for weeks)
The day my boobs were bigger than my belly.
The day I realized I could take a bath without creating a tidal wave around the tub, AND could   wash everything without having to turn side to side.
The day I felt something weird and it turned out to be my sternum.
Ditto for the day I kept looking at my feet as if something were wrong and it was because I had ankles!
The first day I had fun shopping for myself.
The day I no longer had to buy tops according to 2x or even 1x, just xlg.
The day I could get my wedding rings on for the first time in about 12 years.
The day I hit goal.
The day I realized that I looked normal.

All of these days plus many others have brought me to tears.
What are YOURS?
Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

tthomps3
on 10/24/12 1:36 am
The day that I wore single digit underwear for the first time since elementary school.
The day that I crossed my legs and did not even realize it at first.
The day that my daughter hugged me and her arms went ALL the way around.
The first time that I flew without needing a seatbelt extender.
The day when I had to say goodbye to Lane Bryant....we had been friends for a very long time.

grannymedic1
on 10/24/12 1:49 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Those are truly special moments, especially when your daughter hugged you. That one nearly brought me to tears, too.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Jo 1962
on 10/24/12 1:47 am - NearHouston, TX
The day I went shopping and found clothes that fit, NOT in the PLUS section.
The day my husband came into the room where I was undressing and said WOW what a cute LITTLE butt!.
The first time I could scratch anywhere on my backside.
The first time I saw size 12 in a very long time
The first time I realized I wasnt the biggest in a crowd anymore.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Rai
on 10/24/12 2:06 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16
The day I put on a size 14 with ease. (the botty and hips are ever present)
The day my ankles came back.
The day I bottoned my Large shirt with ease.
The day I put on my ex's shorts and tee (XL) and they were falling off.
The day I put on size 34 Levi's.
The day my son pulled up with his dad and he yelled out the window 'wow mom, you look beautiful!'

Modifying my sexy!            
NunnOther
on 10/24/12 3:16 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
The day I put on a size 14 pants at Banana Republic.  My favorite store now...
The day I put on a Large T-shirt, no X in front of it.   I used to buy 2x from Old Navy.
The day I borrowered a pair of jeans from my mom.  It was always my dream to wear her clothes.
The day my size 10 shoes started to flip off my feet (this actually pissed me off, lol--but I realized that you can lose foot fat)
The day I grabbed a 16 dress to try on, and the salesperson said I grabbed the wrong size and gave me a 14 and wanted me to try the 12 as well.
The day I fit into one leg of my old size 22's. 

I'm not at goal YET, but I appreciate the days so far!!  

Stephanie M.
on 10/24/12 3:24 am
 The day one of my granddaughters hugged me and her arms went all the way around.
The day my daughters old pants fit me
The day I flew without a seatbelt extender (now there's a foot left over)
The day I shopped successfully outside the plus department.
Yesterday at Crazy Shirts in lahaina, the clerk held up a large and said this should fit you!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

cryspyx
on 10/24/12 12:19 pm - Hartford, CT
the day that i...

- started to see that hollowed out spot on the heel that thin people have and that i really did have ankles
- noticed the reformation of cheek bones
- now have the ability to buy clothing in a thrift shop and not solely a catalog
- noticed that when i move my fingers, now i can see the tendons moving around under the skin
- had to have all my rings resized because they were all 2-3 times too big for my fingers
- became able to wear a 2x instead of a 4x or 5x, or at one point a 6x
- actually started to like what i see from time to time in the mirror
- became able to go grocery shopping and actually help carry in the bags instead of hobbling inside leaving my hubby to pull it all in himself, while i rested in a chair or the couch in pain.
- tried on favorite old jackets and realized they not only fit, but were a tad big
- tried on outfits that i haven't been able to wear in nearly a decade and they fit again perfectly
- found out that my body started ovulating on it's own without needing medication each month
- realized that while i've still got ways to go, i no longer have to lose half of my body weight

Jean M.
on 10/25/12 3:31 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I had an ankle moment too. My mom and I were sitting in the livingroom. She was on my left side. After studying my left foot for a few moments, she said, "What is that bump?" while pointing at my left ankle.

I said, "What bump?", looked down, and lo and behold, there was my ankle bone. So I said, "It's my ankle bone!"

Mom, who weighed the same as me at that point, pointed at her right foot and said, "I don't think so. I don't have a bump like that on my foot.". I explained that her feet were very swollen with edema, but underneath she did have an ankle bone. I'm not sure she believed me, but it was a good moment for me.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Jean M.
on 10/25/12 3:36 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I've had a lot of days like that. A few recent ones:

> my chiropractor's assistant was doing an ultrasound treatment on my left forearm and said, "You have tee-niny wrists!"

> when I went in for an EGD in February, one of the nurses took a look at me and shouted across the room to another nurse, "Do we have any small gowns?"

> when I had my esophagus dilated in May (or maybe it was my sleeve surgery in August?), the nurse who was trying to insert my IV (while I yowled with pain) said, "I'm sorry, but you just don't have any meat on your hands."

> when I was clothes shopping yesterday in a local boutique (no plus sizes there) and asking its owner (a guy) about the sizing/fit of some leggings, he said, "You should try a small or medium."

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active