Back to say hello!

krinannie
on 12/27/12 10:55 am - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

I have been gone from the boards for years. Have never lost all my weight with the band, but am still over 70 pounds down and very active. I started hiking and kayaking and rock climbing and simply got away from the boards. This year I went on a trek to Mount Everest...AND MADE IT! Thought it would be nice to see what is going on here with all of you and the new people too.

Jean M.
on 12/27/12 11:05 am
Revision on 08/16/12

Nanner, Nanner, it's so good to see you again. Doing a trek to Mount Everest is AMAZING! And 70 pounds lost is cause for celebration.

As you've probably noticed, the band forum is a quiet place now, but if you stick around a while, I'll bet we can bring it back to life.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

krinannie
on 12/27/12 11:12 am - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

I guess there are some new procedures that some people prefer. I have not had the best time with my band but I credit it with doing it's part and it is me who needs to do more to get more results. I am so happy that my physical condition allows me to play outside all the time. But now I really need to restructure and push so I an remain active as I get even older. (52 right around the corner now!). I am still in touch on facebook with one of our old band pals. You look MAHVELOUS by the way!

Hislady
on 12/27/12 11:18 am - Vancouver, WA

It's NANNER!!!! I thought aliens had abducted you and turned you into an intergalactic hooker! So good to see you, I don't think I've lost anything since you were here before but I'm still here. I'm so hoping to revise to a sleeve but gotta wait till I hit medicare age in a few years. So hopefully my band will behave until then cause I can't afford a self pay removal. I'm empty now, have been for about a year, haven't gained tho so I'm grateful for that. Hope you hang around, we can use some company, not many of us old timers around anymore, or newtimers for that matter.

krinannie
on 12/27/12 11:22 am - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

My surgeon still advertises but I think insurance is harder to come by. I am almost empty but plugging along. It works for me. I don't want to revise to another procedure and am fine with where I am in some ways. Just know that as I get older I need to take the rest off or my bones will hurt more or more. 

justjudy
on 12/27/12 11:45 am - Canton, MI

Nanner!  when I saw your avatar I couldn't believe it.  Did you really make it to the top of Everest? I'm impressed!

Not much going on here but at least there isn't a lot of craziness, either.

Judy

krinannie
on 12/27/12 11:49 am - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

OH MY! No not the TOP! Base camp is at the bottom but still higher than anything in the lower 48 states. HI!!!!  How are you!

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/12 12:08 am - Califreakinfornia , CA

Hey there Nanner

Pickles123
on 12/28/12 2:00 am

Congratulations on the trek.  Now that is something to be proud of.

pineview01
on 12/28/12 12:32 pm, edited 12/28/12 12:33 pm - Davison, MI

Good to see you again Nanner!  Been a while now!

I thought I had done something special ZipLining last month.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active