What was your BIGGEST or LATEST NSV?

prek-3
on 1/16/13 6:41 pm - Hollywood, FL
What was your favotite NSV?
i have afew, but this one was huge because it happened to me twice!

First off I am a preschool teacher who works for a hospital day care center. So most of these children have been in our center since they were 3 months old. And of course we have alot of siblings that also come through our program. We are year round and we operate even during a hurricane, so that the employees working during a hurricane or hurricane warnings. Just to give you an idea how close we are to our families.

Anyway, one particular day i was on my way to a doctors appointment. I was in an elevator with one of my old students, and his parents. This child was very challenging and was not one of my favorites and niether was his parents! Anyway the child was now 13 years old. And were in the elevator for a while, infact it was just me and the child with the parents. I was going to say "hi", but i decided against it, as i didnt have time to field any questions about my weightloss. We rode in the elevator in silence, they NEVER recognized me!!! Now the children don'
tend to remember their preschool teachers, but the parents do. However in this

Another time i was at the hospitals gym on the eliptical. A parent who i knew was on the eliptical along side me. I knew her well as I had had 2 of her children. The children were great, but the parent was challenging . Anyway you would think after 2 straight years with her children and several hurricane duties she would recognize me? Nope!!!!!! There was something very powerful for me going on at that moment! I didnt bother to say a word, nor did i try to give her eye contact. She just no longer recognized me!!!!

So what was your best NSV ?
prek3

Excuse typing errors my tablet is not allowing me to correct my mistakes very well!!!

case neither of them recognized me!

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Jean M.
on 1/16/13 8:05 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Something like that has happened to me more than once since I started working at JCP, and it's all the more remarkable because this is a small town where everyone knows everyone else. Former coworkers of mine (from my fat days) will be shopping and look at me without a trace of recognition. Part of that may be that they're seeing me out of context, but I think most of it is because I look nothing like the woman they worked with.

I've had a lot of NSV's, some of them huge, some of them small or frivolous, but I love them all. Just the other day I bought a sweater tunic in a size SMALL. Yes, that's right, a SMALL. And right now it's hanging on a hanger that came with some Wal-Mart garment bought in the old fat days. The size designation on that hanger is 22/24!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

grannymedic1
on 1/17/13 4:01 am, edited 1/17/13 4:06 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I have had many and each has been precious to me. My latest was when I got dressed in my size 8 trouser jeans and a new top and a sweater. I had belted the sweater and top because like I said I am enamored of being able to wear a belt, but when I walked into the room my hubby was in he looked up and his eyes sort of bugged out and he said "Holy cow you look HOT!". Now, he always says how nice I look and has said in the past that he thinks I look hot but this was totally different. He also commented that he hoped there weren't many guys in the meeting I was going to because they might try to get me away from him. OK, now we know he's delusional. Love him anyway.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

crystal M.
on 1/17/13 7:36 am, edited 1/17/13 7:36 am - Joliet, IL

My favorite NSV...is being able to shop in the Juniors department (not the misses or the women's)  The junior's...where the teenagers shop.  They have cute sweaters and t-shirts there!!!  I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to shop there again!!!  This is my favorite only because when I would shop there with my daughter I would think how nice it would be to be so small to fit in these sizes.  How I longed to fit in these clothes!!! 

My greatest...the hot guy up stairs ( I mean smoking hot) and at least 12 years younger than me.  If I had to guess I am thinking he is about 25-28 years old.  Openly checked me out as I walked by.  He ogled me.......and I welcomed it...hahaha!!!  A hottie like that can look at me all he wants!!!!

My latest...someone mistook me for 31 instead of 41....woohoo!!!  I didn't realize losing weight makes you look much younger!!!

Stephanie M.
on 1/17/13 8:06 am

My new 16p teal cords I got in the mail today.  Perfect fit, not from the plus department.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

minnie_cat
on 1/17/13 9:39 am

- I had my wedding ring resized and went down 2.5 sizes

- bra size dropped from a 40f to a 36dd and I have so many more bra options...bras that don't look orthopedic!

- I was in a women's sporting store and tried on tights w/ a built in skirt; I asked the sales lady if they looked the right size on me (XL) and she said no!  You should try a medium. I went with  a large but now I think I should have gone w/ the medium

- I have people say they would have never recognized me.

- I saw a former coworker whose saw me, he was speechless and finally said "I need to reboot my brain to process this"

- I signed up for my first 5k (in two weeks)

Pgh Steeler Fan
on 1/17/13 10:34 am - PA

Just getting started again after a year of loss of control and a lot of weight gain.  I don't have to lay on the bed to button up my jeans.  I actually am losing again. 

DOING IT MY WAY, 1 DAY AT A TIME!

www.youravon.com/terriplut

kerriockey
on 1/29/13 11:18 am - Marshfield, MA
Today at the gym i had every intention of running. I had to walk because my running pants were actually falling down! My workout suffered but my ego sure didn't
Most Active