What are you eating today (Saturday) or yesterday?

Jean M.
on 1/18/13 10:10 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Do you have trouble sticking to healthy eating on the weekends? Weekends usually don't involve time off for me, and I'm able to stay on track as long as I don't have junky food in the house. In the months between my band removal and my sleeve surgery, resisting the temptation to graze on days when I was off work was hard.

Today's food plan:
B: protein latte
S: steel cut oatmeal w/ plain Greek yogurt (sweetened w/ Truvia), banana, & walnuts
S: cinnamon-oat breakfast cookie
L: Leftover egg roll (shrimp, cabbage, carrots, scallions)
S: smoked salmon & cream cheese roll-up
S: raw sugar snap peas
D: chicken pot pie innards, broccoli w/ pine nuts
S: chocolate protein ball

Making egg rolls is a very time-consuming process, even for someone who loves to cook. They were very good, and baking them made the wrappers nice and crisp (so they went down more easily), but I'm not sure I'll tackle making egg rolls again. On the other hand, I still have half a package of the wrappers left.

I have a lot to do today, including peddling a big bag of fat clothes to several consignment shops, but I also have to figure out what the heck happened to my favorites drop-down list since I updated to IE9 this morning.

Have fun today (and if you have to work today, have as much fun as you can).

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

pineview01
on 1/19/13 3:56 am, edited 1/19/13 3:58 am - Davison, MI

B:  Protein Cappuccino

S: Vanilla Protein Shake

L: Strawberry Protein Shake

S: Fiber Ice tea Drink

D: 3oz chicken breast grilled plain; 2-celery stalks

S: Peach Protein Shake

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jean M.
on 1/19/13 4:33 am
Revision on 08/16/12

Another exciting day of liquids for you!

Bless your heart...

author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

pineview01
on 1/19/13 9:53 am - Davison, MI

Thanks Jean!  Two more drinking days till S-day!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

grannymedic1
on 1/19/13 5:56 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Being retired and in the cold weather makes it harder for me not to graze but my fat mind thinks weekends should include lots of carbs and grazing.

B. egg with cheese

L. Wasa crackers and peanut butter

S. Double shake

S. Almonds

D. Crab cake and small serving of green beans

S. Protein bar

I am trying to clean the bad carbs out of my diet now so.......

Here's hoping I can stick it out after dinner.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Jean M.
on 1/19/13 6:09 am
Revision on 08/16/12

I am trying to clean the bad carbs out of my diet now so.......

Here's hoping I can stick it out after dinner.

Well, it sounds like you've got a good start today, anyway.

I used to think of the weekends (and holidays and vacations and business trips) as food free-for-alls. That has been a hard habit to break, even now that weekends and holidays don't represent time off and my vacations usually involve spending a lot of time with WLS pals for whom I want to set a good example.

pineview01
on 1/19/13 10:02 am - Davison, MI

I'm there with you!  Isn't it amazing how we have attached certain food with situation.  While working, weekend always were a carb feast.  I ate and drank carbs the whole time.  (I would have listed items but, don't dare tempt myself at this point.

Tuesday I hope to be a band 2 sleever with you two!

Most Active