What are you eating? thread

Jean M.
on 1/22/13 7:57 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

I need to take a break from this thread for a day or 2. Yesterday I found out that my favorite aunt (my mom's 90-yr-old sister) has been hospitalized in NH with several problems. I'm trying to decide if I need to fly up there to see her and finding it hard to concentrate on anything else right now. So I hope someone will take over this thread until I get my act together. Thanks.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

vlp1968
on 1/22/13 8:49 pm

I would be happy to do that for you.  Sorry to hear about your Aunt.  My favorite aunt was hospitalized with pnemonia a few month ago.  I hope she recovers quickly and have a safe trip if you decide to go.

Jean M.
on 1/22/13 11:09 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

thanks so much!

author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Kate -True Brit
on 1/27/13 5:28 am - UK

((( Jean)))  

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Jean M.
on 1/27/13 8:35 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Thanks, Kate. My aunt had been sick with the flu and pneumonia all December, seemed to be getting better, but suddenly declined and was hospitalized with extreme weakness and confusion that could be from a stroke. Turns out she had a bad UTI (which can cause confusion in the elderly). She's getting better now thanks to IV antibiotics, and a brain scan showed no stroke. She'll stay in the hospital for some rehab before being sent home. Now I'm planning to drive up there to see her when the weather gets better. Winter is a bad time to visit New Hampshire, unless you want to ski. Which I don't.

Most Active