What gets you off track?

grannymedic1
on 2/4/13 2:34 am, edited 2/4/13 2:39 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

We have had an extremely stressful few weeks and recently I have been in a funk. I haven't cared about much of anything, had no energy to do anything, didn't care how awful the house was. normally it looks awful but I care.indecisionIt doesn't mean I will clean but at least I am embarrassed. This time, not so much. Hubby has been down with an injured shoulder for two weeks so he can't even help like he normally would (if asked) the injury may need surgery as two steroid/lidocaine injections haven't helped. I really need that right now.  Never the less, I am not helping my self by eating poorly, as in little to none protein, skipping meals to graze and I don't mean fresh vegetables, either. I have been very little fluids, too.

If you can't guess extreme stress sets me off (and gives me migraines). Sometimes I give in to head hunger and don't correct it like I should. Not always, but sometimes. I am very susceptible to depression so if I let it sink in that can set me off.

What are your triggers? What do you do to break the cycle? Let's be honest now.

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Stephanie M.
on 2/4/13 3:01 am

Man, you've had a bi*ch of a few months!  Hope the hubby's shoulder heals without surgery.

What gets me of track?  Reflux, puking, anxiety about whether my food will stay down, should I revise or just remove...f'ing constipation.  Even with drugs, I'm having problems managing this situation and I don't want an exploratory lap.  

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

vlp1968
on 2/4/13 3:31 am

For me vacations have gotten me off track.  I had several very close together about 6 months ago.  It got me way off course.  I used the vacations as an excuse to eat and drink what I wanted.  This carried over somewhat to when I got home.  The last couple weeks have been good- so let's hope I am finally back on track.  I know in the future I need to focus on spending time with family/friends, activities et... during a vacation, not the food.  If I plan and am prepared, I can stick to a healthy eating plan even away from home.  Thanks for the post.

Kate -True Brit
on 2/4/13 3:47 am - UK

Complacency!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

grannymedic1
on 2/4/13 4:32 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Good one Kate. I fall into that too.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

pineview01
on 2/4/13 4:36 am - Davison, MI

Emotions, all!  Happy, sad, lonely, groups and bored.  You name it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

crystal M.
on 2/4/13 9:22 am, edited 2/4/13 9:23 am - Joliet, IL

I guess I'm lucky that stress, upset, anxiety, excitement...any extreme emotion I lose my appetite.  At my daughter's wedding...I didn't feel like eating a bite.  When she left for the Peace Corp...I couldn't eat anything...I was so sad that I wasn't going to see her for 2 years.  When I lost my job...the stress and sadness I just didn't feel like eating.  It's always been that way...even before the band...now with the band it's magnified.  But ya I usually lose weight during those times.   

What does make me want to eat...BOREDOM and CONTENTMENT!!!

On the weekends I have to keep myself busy or I want to eat.  If I'm cozy watching a movie or reading...that's when I want to snack..on cookies, cake...comfort foods.  I usually have a healthy snack waiting.  As for the boredom...I will have stuff for myself to do.  If all else fails I take a nap or workout!!!  I will eat something like an apple that will fill me and I can't eat for awhile!!!  Hahahaha!!! 

Weekends are the worst...I'm so busy during the week.  I have to keep busy...busy...busy...so my mouth isn't busy!!!

By the way I get migraines too.  I take 3 different medicines for them.  One (Topamax) I take 2 times daily and the other 2 are for when I actually get migraines.  This regimen seems to be working for me.  What seems to always happen for me though is something will work for me fine and then all of the sudden out of the blue one day it just stops working for no reason.  The doctor says it's because my body just becomes accustom to t and I need to change up the regimen.  It's a pain...but at least I'm pain free.

SueBee01
on 2/4/13 10:24 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Sorry you are experiencing so many issues at once!

Great post. For me, it's my brain! I always say it's in my head, but of course it is also boredom and stress for me. I am pretty good about having a bite and moving on, but sometimes I feel like I am into the snack grazing lately! I am still keeping up with my workouts so no weight gain, thankfully.
 Sue

Member Services
on 2/5/13 11:19 pm - Irvine, CA

Great thread grannymedic1, thanks for posting     

melly37
on 2/6/13 3:27 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12

It doesn't take much to get me off track!  ha ha 

I tend to really feel like binging on carby snacks like chips, crackers and chocolate when I am stressed and feel anxious.  I will also give myself permission to go off track on vacations, weekends and during my periods.  UGH.  You see why I am seeing an eating disorder therapist now?  ha ha!!  Seriously, I want to work on giving myself persmission to no obsess over foods and to feed my body nutritious foods!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Most Active