What are you eating today (Tuesday) or yesterday?

vlp1968
on 2/11/13 9:36 pm

Hey- completely forgot yesterday- busy day.  Would love to hear from more of you! 

Here's my plan for the day

B- Fiber one and yogurt

S- Protein shake

L- eggs, ww toast

S- berries and cheese

D- Probably fish and a veggie

S- 1/4c nuts

Kitty C
on 2/11/13 10:35 pm

I did pretty good last night w/out the evening snack.  Didn't miss it all.  I'm trying for day 2!

B-Greek yogurt w/ sliced almonds

S-Assort nuts

L-Corn, navy bean and shrimp chowder (homemade)

S-Chocolate covered almonds

D-Poached chicken, lentils, sauteed bok choy in herb olive oil

Water through out the day

Jean M.
on 2/12/13 5:47 am
Revision on 08/16/12

I wish I could eliminate my evening snack. I've wondered if it was really a matter of a habit I didn't want to break, but when I don't have the snack, I wake up hungry in the middle of the night. Eating and then going back to bed is an invitation to reflux, and I don't make great food choices in the middle of the night. So I'm focusing on eating the evening snack as early in the evening as I can manage, and making it as sensible as possible. I've been eating dry, chocolate Fiber One cereal, one piece at a time. It tastes OK but not so great that I'm tempted to shovel it in.

Hey, I'm going to make your shrimp burgers for dinner tomorrow night. Looking forward to it!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Kitty C
on 2/12/13 5:56 am

I'm only on day 2 tonight so I'll see how it goes.  Hopefully like last night and I won't miss it.  I think I was having an after dinner snack more out of habit and not necessarily out of hunger bc I was "afraid" of getting hungry and then chosing the wrong food out of necessity to squash the hunger.  The legumes I often have with dinner seem to be keeping me satisfied.  I don't eat anything after 7:00 p.m. and only drink water.   I also sleep with my head and shoulders elevated and this serves me well. 

Let me know how you like the shrimp burgers.  I think they're delicious but was not able to tolerate the panko so I switched to bread crumbs and did ok w/ that but in small amounts.

vlp1968
on 2/12/13 12:45 am

That's great you didn't need the evening snack.  I would love to cut mine out, but from 4 or so on, I am pretty hungry.  Keep up the good work!

Kitty C
on 2/12/13 5:58 am

I try is keep full on foods like legumes and nuts which I have almost everyday.  While cooking dinner try munching on some nuts and see how that goes.  Give it a try.  You can do it!

Jean M.
on 2/12/13 6:02 am
Revision on 08/16/12

I think it can be a good thing when life draws our attention away from food, if only briefly.

I had my eyes dilated for an eye exam this morning and only now, 5 hours later, am I able to function the way I like to function (for example: read the amount printed on my measuring spoons so I don't put 1 teaspoon of pepper into a recipe that calls for 1/4 teaspoon).

Today's food:
B: protein latte
S: oatmeal w/ walnuts, a strawberry, and a dollop of Greek yogurt
S: none (because of the eye exam)
L: leftover green beans
S: raw fennel
D: Peruvian style steak w/ chimichurri sauce, green salad
S: Fiber One brownie

Lunch is notable for its lack of protein, but when I got home from the eye doctor, I was too hungry to heat up some leftover bean, veggy & sausage stuff (from last night) and just grabbed the leftover green beans. Which reminds me of something a bandster friend told me a while back. Her test of "Am I Really Hungry?" is this. If she's hungry enough to eat canned green beans (which I pray shall never cross my lips, but of course I would be grateful for if I were stuck on a desert island with nothing but a can opener and a can of beans), she's really, physically hungry. If she's hungry but hungry for something specific (like potato chips). it's head hunger, not physical hunger.

I had a coupon for the Fiber One brownies so bought a package of the chocolate chip cookie flavor. When I opened the package, I was disappointed because the "brownies" are so small, but that's OK because I like the flavor and moistness and the small portion size reduces the impact of sugar on my duodenum. Who ever would have thought that living well with a sleeve would require careful consideration of sugar intake to avoid dumping? I miss my band in many ways but I'm doing my best to find the silver lining in my sleeve cloud. I'm diabetic and have no business eating sugar-heavy foods anyway.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active