What are you eating today (Friday) or yesterday?

vlp1968
on 2/21/13 6:46 pm

TGIF!  Hope everybody has a good Friday and a good weekend. 

B- 2 eggs and ww muffin

S- Protein shake

L- Fish and corn

S- berries and cheese

D-  Chicken breast and veggie

S- 1/4c nuts

Jean M.
on 2/21/13 11:30 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

I keep forgetting to tell you how smart it is for you to always combine protein & carbs in every meal and snack. That worked well for me in the past, then I got out of the habit, but since I've been making a conscious effort to do that again (most of the time, anyway), my satiety has improved.

This is my first Friday off in, um, almost forever. But we're having our taxes done at 11 am today, which kind of limits what we can do with the rest of the day. Oh well, I'll be glad to get it done and behind us for another year.

My food plan today:
B: protein latte
S: oatmeal w/ blackberries, walnuts, & a dollop of Greek yogurt
S: cinnamon oatmeal breakfast cookie
L:  Babybel cheese w/ raw fennel & apple
S: chicken liver pate w/ crackers
S: raw sugar snap peas
D: shrimp w/ veggies (asparagus, edamame, red pepper, scallions), cheese tortellini
S: snack mix (chocolate Fiber One cereal, peanuts, banana chips)

I haven't eaten tortellini in a long time. It didn't always work well when I was banded, but I like it, my husband loves it, and I'm going to give it a try tonight.

Today's exercise class was canceled, but I'll surely burn some calories doing housework and managing dog traffic today. We seem to have acquired another stray dog (so our dog population is now 10). She's a reddish tan pitbull that I call Ginger. We're not afraid of pits - we had a darling one when we were first married - but we have to be careful with Ginger because we don't know her antecedents, and around here, people breed pits more as fighters than as pets. She's very affectionate and high-spirited, and has been rearranging everything in our garage, much to my husband's dismay. Ginger doesn't care. Girls just wanna have fun!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

vlp1968
on 2/21/13 11:41 pm

10 dogs!  Holly crap!  I fairly recently started the "good carbs".  I was really struggling trying to stick to an ultra low carb plan.  It has increased my satiety.  I don't have carbs at dinner, think it's better since I will go to bed before too too long.  Again, as I'm typing I had a thought- as you know I've had lots of issues with night time hunger.  I wonder if I add a carb at dinner it would help.  Maybe I'll try it.  I love your input Jean.  Thanks.

grannymedic1
on 2/22/13 2:30 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I get to stay home today, the first all week. I managed to brave the several inches of snow we got last night and walk to the library. I was having a book emergency and ended up carting home 5 hardcover books and 2 paperbacks. They were heavy so does that count for strength training?

B. protein oatmeal with dried cranberries

S. almonds

L.  left over bean soup

S. shake

S Wasa crackers with peanut butter and part of a banana (seperately)

D. Chicken and asparagus

S. Protein chips

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Most Active