Full Band?

Laurena
on 3/3/13 2:56 am - Louisville, KY

Does anyone have their Band all the way filled up?Does it hurt the Band if it is?

Kate -True Brit
on 3/3/13 3:08 am - UK

Some have it filled beyond the stated capacity. I am told this is possible because the tubing also holds some saline which is not counted in the total.  The band is pretty tough, the pressure of the saline won't stretch it beyond the amount allowed for by the manufacturers. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Laurena
on 3/3/13 3:28 am - Louisville, KY

Thanks for your reply I am a little worried,I got a 14 cc band and I got 12.5 cc saline  in it and I have some restriction now.I guess I read so much about scar tissue and all, it scares me now.So far I have no problem,but I am loosing so slow,although I need to diet more.I fell back in my old food habits.I will work on it hard starting today!I owe it to myself.

Anyone feel like writing to me it would help me get back on track.I been really down and out,cause I gained 6 pounds,first time in 2 years.

kathkeb
on 3/3/13 5:23 am

Laurena

A

Few basics might help

1.  No liquid calories (except low-fat or fat-free milk if you want)

2.  Protein with every meal and snack ...build your meals around protein first, produce next and a few bites of grain

3.  A little exercise each day .... Or a little more than you are already getting

4.  Plenty of water .. I start my day with 16-24 ounces, then have breakfast, a small snack mid morning, more water then lunch, a small snack mid afternoon, more water, dinner, more water, small snack

i keep my meals to about 300 calories each and my snacks to about 100-150, so I get about 1,500 calories a day with. Operate exercise.

Kath

crystal M.
on 3/3/13 8:45 pm - Joliet, IL

I'm not filled to capacity but I do have 9.8 ccs in a 11cc band....so almost there.  I do have what I think is good constriction....not too much, not too little.  I can eat anything I want...just not as much as I want.

I go in next month for my yearly check up.  I don't go in for fills anymore. 

Laurena
on 3/3/13 11:32 pm - Louisville, KY

Thanks Crystal for your reply,I am the same way,how often do you have to go for a fill?My next apt with the Dr.is in April and I am wondering if I should get a small fill,cause I see less and less of the Dr.I used to see him every 6 weeks but no more now.  

pineview01
on 3/4/13 9:20 am - Davison, MI

The most I had was 8.5cc in a 10cc band.  After it was unfilled at a year out I was never able to have more than 6.5cc without it shutting down.  When I asked about filling past max our center said they would not do it.  Even though the stated that the tubing can hold up to 3cc.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active