I have gained 10 lbs needing new ideas!

faithgirl140
on 4/3/13 1:41 am

Hi I have gained 10lbs since Christmas. My mom broke her hip and grabbing food on the run has done me in. I have got to get my head in the game. I want to lose 30 more pounds but I need some new ideas. Help!!! What have you been doing to lose weight? I just found out that a new Zumba place is going to open in my town at the end of the month. I am so excited. Please send me your ideas I would just love to hear what is working for you. Thanks Renea

Ms Shell
on 4/3/13 8:34 am - Hawthorne, CA

I am logging on my fitness pal 1200 calories, 45g carbs, 60g fat, 100+g protein.  I am working out 3-4 times a week and have lost 10 of my regain in the last couple months, once I decided I NEEDED to stick to my nutrition plan.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

crystal M.
on 4/3/13 10:58 am, edited 4/3/13 10:59 am - Joliet, IL

Well one thing you need to stop is grabbing food on the run...no more of that.  Restaurant food tends to be more calories and larger portions than what we make at home.  Not to mention "on the run" tends to fast food and that is just not good either.  Most fast food choices are bad...I mean if you look up the nutrition facts most of the salads are even bad.  And you also end drinklng the wrong things too.  Sodas or sugary teas, juices or lemonades...all full of calories.  Which by the way...make sure you are drinking all of your water and not with your meals.   

Make sure you are NOT skipping meals...ever.  I hear 'on the run" and I think of people skipping breakfast or lunch.  DON'T!!!  This is bad...this drops your metabolism to a crawl and your blood sugar drops.  Making you crave carbs...usually the wrong carbs. 

What I do is I have easy to take things for my meals.  Like breakfast I grab my almonds (I buy a big bag and take the time to count out a serving and put them into individual baggies..but you could just grab 14 which is 100 calories) and fruit.  For lunch I usuall have my lunch already at work.  I do groceries for lunch once a week and take it to work and leave there.  That way I never have to worry about forgetting my lunch.  But I will have a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and turkey roll ups on most days.  Dinner...I make good use of my crock pot.  It takes me 10 minutes or less to put together a meal in my crock pot and its ready when I get home.   In fact I think I can make my crock pot meal faster than most people can run to McDonalds.  There you go...I have my meals with very little effort on my part.  The hardest most time consuming part of my meals is running to the grocery store.  Otherwise, I just grab and go...the only difference is the stuff is waiting for me in the fridge. 

now the exercise...I am so glad to hear you are making that a part of your plan.  I workout all of the time (5-6 times a week 90 minutes a day).  I feel it has been the key to my success.  When my weight loss slowed I stepped up my exercise or tweaked it and then I started to lose again.  My newest adventure in exercise will be the PX90...I am going to try this.  It looks like a hard workout...but I feel I am up to the challenge.  

I think if you are mindful of your eating habits and stop "grabbing your food" and exercise...I think you will lose the weight.  These things worked for me...I am 4 years out and have lost about 175 lbs so far. 

Good luck       

faithgirl140
on 4/4/13 6:22 am

Thanks so much for both of your ideas. WoW 175lb loss that is amazing! Let's get our heads in the game and our butts to working out Ha Ha

Most Active