Latest NSV!!!!!

prek-3
on 4/24/13 12:55 pm - Hollywood, FL

I have been away for several weeks now because I have been taking care of my mom. Mom has been battling cancer for some time and sadly its continuing to spiral.

The NSV is that, if I had never had my Band surgery, I honestly do not think I could have been able to give my Mom the care she deserves! Because I can bend, lift and have surmountable energy, I have been able to meet all the physical demands that her care now requires. I couldn't imagine how things may have gone being obese, nor do I want to.

Also, after being surrounded soooooo much with my sibblings, my eating habits are so dramatically different from there's! My sister commented, "you really like eating at home alot, huh?". I have been trying to cook as cleanly as I can for them as well. my sister & Mom have high blood pressure and my brother is in denial about his. I guess this is another NSV! The hard part, my brother is attending culinary school, and this months focus is "desserts" , so of course he brings home his left overs for the rest cool of the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway that is my NSV!

Any way I am also not doing too terribly with the "emotional eating", but i sure could do better.

Thanks for listening,

Prek-3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

BuckeyeGirl
on 4/24/13 1:48 pm - TN

While I'm sorry to hear of your mother's illness, I am glad that you have been able to care for her.

Lindsey

prek-3
on 4/24/13 1:56 pm - Hollywood, FL

thanx Lindsey!

prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

vlp1968
on 4/24/13 3:20 pm

Wow, sorry to hear about your mom.  My sister is a pastry chef and loves to bring stuff over to my parents for holidays and what not.  Always tempting.

You seem like you a have a good head on your shoulders.  Keep up the good work!

I think you are right for sure- you couldn't have given your mom the care she needs if you were still obese.

My positive thoughts are with you and your mom.

pineview01
on 4/25/13 8:26 am - Davison, MI

Sorry about your Mom and your trials.  This is a great NSV for you though.  You should be so proud of yourself and how well you are handling this.

My Ex went to culinary school, I was lucky in that he cooked and gave the left overs to the neighborhood ladies.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active