Just moved from NYC to Philly

heathercross
on 5/19/13 9:26 pm - New York, NY

As many of you know, I am a BOB - 2 yrs out from BOB 13 yrs this August from RNY. While I am keeping my BOB doctor in NYC - the faulous Marina Kurian, I'd like a support group in Philadelphia - Center City proper please.  Let me know if you know of any. Years ago, i went to a few at UP, but, I'd like a live, big, active group. I'd prefer a BAND only group, but, will go to a generic as well.

Oh, and no more bridge walking for me - as I am 1 block from work.  But, I rejoined the gym and hoping to lose another 25lbs this summer before my 25yr reunion in October.  

Work your band.

NanaB .
on 5/19/13 10:28 pm

Keep on working your tool, you are looking great!

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

pineview01
on 5/20/13 1:11 am, edited 5/20/13 10:46 am - Davison, MI

Have you checked your state forum?  We had a band only support group but, the center disband (pun intended) when it got to the point that all attended where having issues.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

heathercross
on 5/20/13 7:51 am - New York, NY

There are 3 in Philly. I was just very lucky to have one years ago at Lenox Hill run by Mitchell Roslin's group where there were about 30-50 people in attendance each time. I want that again. Personally,. I think the reason a lot of people are less successful today at any WLS is bc they skip the support groups.

pineview01
on 5/20/13 10:55 am - Davison, MI

By having the band only group, I believe we had a larger % of band patient than the RNY which of course there were many more of as they were the gold standard and the only surgery they did at first.  I think us banders stuck together more and had more involvement with our center as we had to have more follow up with the fills and all.  As a sleever it is much harder for me to get to support as I really don't "need" them now that surgery is over and the 90 days is up.  I really want to be there I just forget that the meeting is whatever day it is.

I hope you find the kind of group that helps you keep on keeping on.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Whit
on 5/25/13 2:45 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Good luck Heather. I have been to Philly several times on business and find it to be fun and full of friendly people. 

I always wanted to check out this place...

http://www.philadelphiasmagicgardens.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0y1YibZjU

Best to you

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

bagelface
on 5/26/13 11:57 am
VSG on 08/22/12

Hi Heather,  Welcome to Philly!  I hope you like it here.  I have only been to my surgeons group at Penn, but I know there are others in the area not associated with a program.  Maybe if you go on the Pennsylvania board someone can give you more info on them.  Good Luck!!

Susan

Lapband 1/3/2007 (skmsu) revision to VSG 8/22/2012

Most Active