Recuperating from hip replacement

SueBee01
on 6/6/13 3:05 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Making leaps and bounds toward becoming the bionic woman! Been at goal for three months now and in the hospital for hip replacement.

The surgery went well yesterday afternoon (in the middle of the Tropical Storm!) the pain was excruciating the first couple hours. Finally found the right pain med combo and am doing well. I slept on and off for the past 7 hours. Up now with some hot tea. I have made a couple trips to the bathroom so far with my walker and some assistance! Getting easier each time.

Probably need to get some more rest as tomorrow will be a big day with PT starting at 8:30 am!

So happy this is finally here. I cant wait to be back to golf, bike riding and playing tennis! Talk to you all soon!
 Sue

giants21
on 6/6/13 8:19 pm
Good for you!! My husband had hip replacement surgery and he did really well. Same as you the pain was rough the first 2 days. Good luck on your recovery keep us posted. Also Congrats on being at goal hopefully some day I will say the same!
pineview01
on 6/7/13 5:30 am - Davison, MI

Glad to hear you came through alright.  Every day you will feel better until you are leaping tall building.  Opp, that is Superman not the Bionic Woman!  Take care and hope get better soon.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active