Been Away For Awhile!

SueBee01
on 6/25/13 11:35 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Hope all is well with everyone! Been away for awhile preparing for surgery, hip replacement! Got down to my goal weight and I was still having excruciating pain in my left hip so Ortho dr agreed it was time to fix it.

So three weeks ago this Thursday I had mt left hip replaced. Was very painful at first until they could find the right pain meds. Been receiving therapy at home and I go in for my first post op visit with the surgeon tomorrow.

Thank goodness for my band, it has really helped me through all of this so I have not eaten the entire house while I have been laying around! I actually still lost a little more, but it was probably muscle.

I work out three times a day, but limited to my physical therapy which feels like nothing now compared to what I was doing! Hopefully tomorrow I will hear good news and continue to move forward with more PT. I am still non-weight bearing on that leg.

I can't wait to get back to working out!
 Sue

NanaB .
on 6/25/13 8:35 pm

Sorry to hear about your hip, and it seems like you are on the mends to good recovery! laugh

Good to see you Sue, you are a Lap Band super star!

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

JudyAz
on 6/25/13 9:52 pm - FL

I'm newly returned after a few years of being away. Had a 40 lbs weight gain, but still down 60 lbs. Trying to get back into my groove...not easy. Good luck on your rehab and new hip! 

Hislady
on 6/26/13 4:46 am - Vancouver, WA

I had a hip replacement 10 + yrs ago and it made it sooo much easier to exercise once I healed. No pain woohoo! To be able to move without pain was such an amazing feeling. Once you can get moving again you'll drop any lbs. you might gain during this stage of the process. Good luck you'll do great!

SueBee01
on 6/26/13 5:31 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Thanks Guys! Glad to hear you guys are doing well too.

I got my stitches out this afternoon and he is happy with my progress so far. I have a hip that is an ingrowth prosthesis so that is why no weight bearing on that leg for six weeks. He said it takes that long for the bone to grow into the new prosthesis. He said the hip will last 50 years although I may need a new ball after 20+ years. That piece is ceramic.

I feel much better now after going to see him today and willn just have to chill for another month with in home therapy, then I go to outpatient therapy for another month!

Hopefully by then the heat of the summer will be done and I will be ready for fun!

Miss all of you guys and thanks for the support and well wishes!
 Sue

Most Active