Pureed/mushies..any ideas?

JudyAz
on 6/30/13 11:32 am - FL

I'm looking for some idea's for pureed/mushy foods other than refried beans and cottage cheese.  Anyone have anything they used that was really good?  Today I did a Ricotta cheese bake. I'm following the diet with my daughter(post op sleeve) and I had my band so  long ago, I have no clue what I ate. She is a picky eater and gluten intolerant. Thanks for any idea's.

Hislady
on 6/30/13 12:21 pm - Vancouver, WA

Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface she has some great recipes.

JudyAz
on 7/1/13 1:53 am - FL

Thanks SO much. Great site....Roast Beef hash...didn't think of that. On way to Publix to get some.

pineview01
on 7/1/13 9:21 am - Davison, MI

I love eggfaces's site!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tara R.
on 7/1/13 11:34 am - CA
I would make a big batch of chili and blend it in my magic bullet. Tons of protein and yummy!
NanaB .
on 7/1/13 8:43 pm

Mashed refried beans/salsa -- it was a go-to food for me when I got my band years ago.

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

4hmomwyo
on 7/2/13 2:39 am - Laramie, WY

Favorite soups run through a blender (clam chowder, split pea, potato, etc.), cream of wheat or cream of rice those got me through my first week or so after surgery.

pineview01
on 7/2/13 8:57 am - Davison, MI

All your replies make me ALMOST miss the mushies!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

JudyAz
on 7/2/13 9:02 am - FL

You know I'm six years out lapband...I did the pre op with my daughter and now doing the post op to show my support(she had the sleeve on the 10th).  It is easier this time than it was six years ago and I'm making some pretty good mushies and no one made me anything....because the kids were little and husband can't cook!  I was content with whatever back then...but my daughter...well I'm making all homemade broths, soups, protein casseroles so she's eating pretty good. She starts soft tomorrow...so a little easier now. I've used every pot and pan in the house.

pineview01
on 7/2/13 9:11 am - Davison, MI

What a great Mom you are.  How old is your daughter?  When my daughter got her sleeve almost three years ago I went thru the pre-op and post op diet with her too.  I don't remember anybody helping me either.  What us Mom's don't go thru for our darlings. mail

Most Active