Better ideal weight calculation? Cross post.

Lisa O.
on 9/29/13 12:46 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Hi,
My surgeon's office gave me the site below to get an idea for ideal body weight. I like it better than BMI because it considers age.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

I found it especially interesting because it showed my ideal weight to be exactly what I "felt" was a good goal for me.

See if it works for you!

Lisa O.
Kate -True Brit
on 9/29/13 2:39 am - UK

Interestingly for me it doesn't work! It came out as  I should be between 111 and 143.  Some range! But then pointed me to 143. I was in the low 40s about five years ago and it really was not right for me! It took me a while to accept it but I looked ill and gaunt. But I suppose it doesn't make allowances for a lot of excess skin which I would not have I had never been obese, that must weigh quite a lot if it is all counted inM

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/13 8:15 pm
On September 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM Pacific Time, kate P wrote:

Interestingly for me it doesn't work! It came out as  I should be between 111 and 143.  Some range! But then pointed me to 143. I was in the low 40s about five years ago and it really was not right for me! It took me a while to accept it but I looked ill and gaunt. But I suppose it doesn't make allowances for a lot of excess skin which I would not have I had never been obese, that must weigh quite a lot if it is all counted inM

Kate-

How is your weight holding after these years?  I know you had to have a corrective surgery on your band and due to the leak had issues, as would we ALL.  How are you doing these days?

Kate -True Brit
on 9/30/13 9:10 pm, edited 10/3/13 6:59 pm - UK

Hi, yes, I had a leak repaired three or four years ago. At that period, I gained about 28 lbs  but in fact that was not because of the leak! It was entirely me being over relaxed. My leak was sudden. I went to bed with what, for me, is perfect restriction and woke up with none at all!  But having to have the repair jolted me back to my senses and I lost the 28lbs very quickly.

My weight fluctuates. I have a comfort zone which is right for me in terms of looking good, feeling fit and being not too hard to maintain. It is considerably higher than my lowest weight but that is choice! At 139lbs I looked gaunt and ill and about ten years older than I am! So now I wobble around the 154. Creep up to 165, drop to 150. 154 is significant to us Brits as it is 11 stone! I am still in my US size 10 skirts and size 12 tops. They just get tighter and looser. For me (emphasis, FOR ME) the band still gives me just the amount of help I need. It does not stop me eating but it helps me control my appetite. 

Adding. Oh dear, some people have nothing better to go than monitor and compare posts. Mea culpa!!! I got it wrong. I should have said, the other morning, when I woke up, having had a binge few days for family reasons and being very constipated,, I actually weighed 173 lbs. Three days later, having eaten well and had my bowels open,  six of those pounds have gone.  So, oh deary me, I am actually MORE than 165. But I can absolutely guarantee my post here will be correct within a few days and I will be around 165 rather than today's 167.  Grovel, grovel! I am not hiding anything! We are all well aware that what is posted on our private board does not stay private! 

Second addition. This morning I am 164. 

Bette B.
on 10/2/13 4:12 am

(gasps) So, what you're saying is that you have "only" maintained a 140-pound weight loss for all this time? That's a poor a result as MY 169-pound loss. I guess we are Lapband failures, huh?

Is it higher than my lowest weight? Yes. But it's still ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-NINE POUNDS less than before my band. I don't care what ******g adjustments and repairs I've had - IT'S STILL WORKING. I have lost one entire Kate! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 10/2/13 4:17 am - UK

Yes. Highest 298, present AROUND 165.  Lowest 139   Usual current AROUND 150 to 165.  Today 167. The heavens may fall, put up your umbrella. (some of my loss was pre-band)

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/13 2:45 am

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I didn't know you were up to 173 (almost a 30bmi).  I was merely inquiring.

I wish you the best in dealing with regain.  It's a buggar, I know.  However I would suggest that if you lost 6# in bowel movements, you really should see a doctor!

Kate -True Brit
on 10/4/13 4:31 pm, edited 10/4/13 4:32 pm - UK

No, no, no. Not you!! Sorry! I got picked up by someone else who clearly doesn't have much of a life if she compares every line of postw on different boards!

and I quite, agree,  6lbs in one BM would be a bit dramatic! But it was a combination of weighing just after three days of heavy eating making me heavier; then a fe days of abstinence PLUS a BM. 

Bette B.
on 10/2/13 4:16 am

My results are "132 - 174 lbs". I know when I was in the 150s, I thought I looked really thin and I KNOW I felt tired and rather sick all the time I can't imagine what I would look like or how ****ty I would feel if I weighed 132!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

vlp1968
on 9/29/13 4:10 am

The medical range was huge, but my goal is in it.  !  I also thought that the number people in general see as ideal is high.  Thaks for sharing!

Most Active