What do u eat?

bigjoey38
on 10/3/13 12:21 am - sterling, CO

Hello all

What is your typical menu B,L,D and snacks?

Do you weight your food ?

Start weight:339 Lbs   (Sept 07, 05)
Band date/weight= Dec 13, 05/ 320 lbs
Lowest weight after surgery:  Apil-14-06-261.2 lbs

Kate -True Brit
on 10/3/13 12:35 am - UK

In my losing phase, I don't weigh. A typical day might be

B large skinny latte

mid  morning- bowl of oatmeal

lunch - half a ham sandwich (granary bread), fruit

late aftnoon- almonds

Dinner- small salmon fillet, to small pots, some veggies, fruit

mid evening- a yoghurt.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bette B.
on 10/3/13 2:04 am

I don't really have a typical day.  My short answer is that I eat what I want. I don't weigh anything or count calories or log, mainly because I'm too lazy and I find all that stuff just annoying.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

pineview01
on 10/3/13 12:21 pm - Davison, MI

I measure and weigh my food.  Than I journal it.

I fallow a low carb high protein diet.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Mell
on 10/4/13 4:34 am

I go back and forth with weighing and measuring, I do it for a month or so then give myself a break. Then I it creeps back up slowly (notice it on the scale) and I go back to it.

Usually for me:

Breakfast: black coffee, two boiled eggs, and vitamin with water

Snack: Beef jerky one oz pack

Lunch: Salad with protein (Costco has a few pre packaged ones I love right now but also Trader Joes has a good variety)

Dinner: Salad again or some sort of meat with veggies

And for dessert sometimes I have frozen chocolate covered banana slices, or Wow Cow frozen yogurt

I also get at least 10 glasses of water in a day

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

bigjoey38
on 10/12/13 9:17 am - sterling, CO

Thanks Mel!   I would love to hit 200 lbs...My Military weight back in 1980

kimkimmie
on 10/7/13 6:06 am - Jacksonville, FL

I have gotten off track, and as a result I've gained maybe 20 pounds. Soooooo... I am just now going back to revisit the way I was eating when I was losing weight. Since I saw you asking this question I am going to paste what I posted on my page here to give you some ideas too :) Best of luck!! 

I spent some time analyzing my new way of eating and will post it here in case it will benefit anyone who is looking to see the various 'diets' bandsters follow.

Keep in mind when I say I eat 30 or fewer carbs a day this does not include carbs in non starchy veggies.  I am allowed to eat unlimited carbs from say green beans but I eat the green beans after eating my protein.

I will attempt to list what I eat and give you an overview of how I eat.  As far as exercise I still do about 15 minutes of walking during my breaks.  I get to walk around a little more at work than before so that helps too I guess.   I just started trying to do some strength stuff this week (with 5 minutes on the treadmil at 3.5 to warm up, and this is the 1st week that I haven't really lost much... This week I lost 2 gained 2 lost 1 and it is frustrating).  I wonder if exercising makes me hold water to try to heal the muscle or something?  My legs are really sore in the big muscle area above my knees up to my torso!

There are things that I don't eat at all...  Chips/candy/cookies/pie/cake/pastries/ice cream.  I just don't eat it at all.  Not even a bite.  It is just as much poison to me and what I am trying to do as eating bug spray!  I will not even taste one of these until I am at goal, and even then, only on the most special of occasions if ever.  I just don't need it for survival and there are pleanty of acceptable substitutes.  I know of alcoholics that can never have a sip of alcohol again, and I think that these types of foods are not necessary and it would be beneficial to me to just keep them out of my life.

This is as 'bad' as I let myself get...I  don't eat bread, tortillas, potatos, stuffing, oatmeal, popcorn, rice etc for the most part.  These foods add fluff and filler and no nutrition really (with the exception of oatmeal).  I do sometimes have the smallest tastes of these things though and use them as an accent to the protein and veggies I am eating.  I may have 4-5 croutons on occasion (mashed up and sprinkled on a salad so the flavor is throughout the salad).  I sometimes eat a small amount of fried foods that have a bit of flour coating (like a few pieces of calamari at Carrabas or a piece of fried chicken).  If I have bread it is usually 1 slice or less of the low carb bread toasted with fried eggs to make a fast and easy dinner.  If I am out to dinner and I really want fries, I might eat 3 max, but I just eat a few of my daughters or husbands I don't get my own.  Sometimes I get onion rings as an appetizer and I may eat 3-4-5 but I peel off all the breading except for a tiny piece and wrap the onion around the small piece and dip it in ranch and nibble it.  On occasion I have 1/3 cup of plain oatmeal with cinnamon and splenda but very rarely. Maybe 1-2 times a month I may have about 5 cups of popcorn while watching a movie, but I try to keep it only at the movie theatres and make it a special treat.  The thing is, if I am going to have one of these things at all, it is the only carbs I eat that day and I am sure it is stil under 30 and if not it is at least under 50.

Desserts...  I like something sweet once in a while and if I have it I count it into my carbs.  The only sweet things I eat are... coffee with splenda and cream, sugar free pudding, Carb Smart ice cream (trigger so only rarely), and 1/2 slice on rare occasions of the low carb cheesecake at the cheese cake factory with 1/2-2/3 of the crust removed.  On very rare occasions I have had a little sugar free chocolate covered popcorn (or sf chocolate) from Peterbrook as a last resort to fight a craving for chocolate.

Snacks...  The only snacks I eat on a daily basis (if I am really hungry between meals or in place of a meal would be cheese or peanuts.  If it is peanuts it is 9 carbs or less and I count it into my daily carb allowance.

So here is a typical day for me 2-3 'meals' and sometimes a snack...

Breakfast - coffee with cream and splenda and if I want breakfast (which usually a few days of the week I don't eat breakfast just coffee) it may be 1 hard boiled egg, or a piece of bacon and a fried egg, or 2 ounces approx of leftover meat from the night before.

Lunch - is usually salad with ranch and cheese and ham or turkey.  I make it at work and It is about the size of a hamburger box.  I make it in a styrofoam container.  I usually can eat most of it and sometimes I eat the meat (which is 2-4 ounces) off the top and  a bite of lettuce and thats all.  Sometimes I might have a piece of chicken for lunch or steak but about 4 ounces and on a big day maybe 6 ounces.  Sometimes I want fast food so it may be a cheeseburger with no bun or a chick fil a without the bun (for that I count the carbs since it is breaded).

Dinner - is usually the same as lunch, but I can eat a little (2 ounces) more meat.  I like to have crab legs and butter a few times a month.  I also like shrimp dipped in butter.

Snacks - During the day I will usually have a pack of peanuts if I don't have any carbs with my meals, and 4-5 (maybe more) days a week I have something sweet after dinner like coffee with cream and splenda or sugar free pudding.  I just make sure to keep it under 30 carbs. 

Fats...  I don't limit fat, but I don't sit there and eat a stick of butter either.  I eat butter on crablegs, shrimp, steak and pork.  I eat chicken skin and some of the fat on my steak.  I have a couple of pieces of bacon sometimes.  I eat ranch dressing on my salads and sometimes as a dip for chicken.  I even put a pat of butter in some oatmeal the other day to make it creamier (I wanted something sweet for breakfast that day, so I had that with a hb egg.)

I think avoiding all of the first group of junk foods completely is what helps the most.  If I don't eat those and stay under 30 carbs I don't see how it would be possible to gain weight and it should help me to continue losing weight.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
pineview01
on 10/8/13 10:58 am - Davison, MI

Yep, this is the Atkins diet that I follow and the only way I have EVERY lost weight.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

bigjoey38
on 10/12/13 3:09 am - sterling, CO

How do u like the sleeve?

pineview01
on 10/12/13 10:55 am - Davison, MI

I really am loving it.  It works like I thought the band would but didn't for me.  Restriction from the get go and it is natural so no throwing up or acid reflux.  I have lost the regain from the band and having it out, about 80 pounds so far in 9 months.  They say revisions are slower losers but I am doing as well as some virgin surgeries and even one of the RNY form our Jan group.

Most Active