Back at it

rebkat
on 10/11/13 1:46 pm - KY
So today is day 2 of being on track with not drinking during meals. It has been hard. I feel the urge to take drinks , but I haven't. How go you get through a meal without drinking? It is so difficult for me!!

Surgery Date 10-9-07  318.3lbs.

Hislady
on 10/11/13 2:36 pm - Vancouver, WA

Well if you CAN just drink as teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy sip it's probably won't hurt but you have to be able to not then take a big gulp. Maybe put a glass where you can reach it but not right on the table so you don't forget and grab a chug! I do sometimes have to wet my whistle when food is very dry but I try to keep my food moist so I don't have to sip anything.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/13 7:50 pm
On October 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM Pacific Time, rebkat wrote:
So today is day 2 of being on track with not drinking during meals. It has been hard. I feel the urge to take drinks , but I haven't. How go you get through a meal without drinking? It is so difficult for me!!

il the

Did you know that drinking with meals is a learned behavior?  It is!  Babies don't do it not until they learn to do so.

If you can learn a behavior, you an unlearn it!!!!!!!!

rebkat
on 10/12/13 11:46 pm - KY
Very interesting, and I agree !

Mo Diggity
on 10/12/13 3:25 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I have a hard time not sipping with meals too :(

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

JudyAz
on 10/12/13 5:20 am - FL

I have to say that that is the only thing I have not struggled with...lol   I'm six+ years and still don't drink after eating. At least 30 minutes but usually an hour. I used an egg timer while home and just got into the habit. When we go out, I don't order a drink of anything. Just wait for my food.  I'm up over 40 lbs from carbs and losing control of my eating, so have my own struggle. Maybe putting the timer on after a meal?  I also became a big reader and start to read. Before you know it, 30 minutes have passed...anyway..good luck and keep up the good work.

rebkat
on 10/12/13 11:45 pm - KY
Thanks for the idea with the timer. I will try that. Losing weight is the hardest thing ever for me, but then again keeping it off is probably the hardest. I go back to doctor in 6 or 7 weeks. I'm hoping I've lost some.

Most Active