Lisa O. Update

Jean M.
on 11/17/13 1:42 am
Revision on 08/16/12

Lisa is still heavily sedated, so is zonked out much of the time. Still on the ventilator most of the time, so communication is severely limited. Her husband and/or sister are always with Lisa (including sleeping in her room) and local friends visit frequently. They're all doing their best to comfort and reassure her. I haven't heard yet what the next step will be - maybe get her well enough to transfer to a rehab facility? This sure is an example of the One Day At A Time principle.   Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Kate -True Brit
on 11/17/13 1:46 am - UK

Thanks, Jean. Any chance you will be visiting her?

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Jean M.
on 11/17/13 1:52 am
Revision on 08/16/12

I very much want visit her, but it won't be any time soon. She's in the Pacific Northwest and I'm in the mid-South, so the geography is a challenge. And I'm still working at JC Penney, where the holiday shopping season is about to get crazy and I'm not allowed to take any time off.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Kate -True Brit
on 11/17/13 1:55 am - UK

Hopefully it won't be long before she is back at home, convalescing and longing for visitors to relieve her boredom. This all seems rather unreal!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Member Services
on 11/17/13 5:22 am - Irvine, CA

Thank you for the update Jean. We are all sending good thoughts to her and the family

Regards,

Member Services

Most Active