One week . . .

Bette B.
on 11/26/13 11:00 am

. . . from my TENTH anniversary with my band. Everything in my life is a maelstrom of **** right now, but I'm still maintaining at a roughly 170-pound loss. Much healthier than in 2003 - only having trouble with "stage 4" osteoarthritis that will never go away without surgery.

Longer post next week.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 11/26/13 7:12 pm - UK

Excellent.  There is no doubt whatsoever that gastric bands are not the safe panacea we were promised back in the "old days" ( I am seven and a half years post-op) but there is also no doubt that for some people the band does do what it is supposed to.

we need an excellent surgeon, first class after-care, compliance with rules and a good dose of luck! We can follow all the rules and if we lack any of those other things, we may be unsuccessful, we may damage our bodies. 

I have lost touch with many who were banded when I was, both onine and IRL.  But of those I still know IRL, almost all are still banded with minimal or no complications.  All have lost significant amounts of weight, not all as much as they would like. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 11/27/13 2:54 am - Vancouver, WA

Congrats Bette I'm really glad your band worked for you! You have also worked very diligently at the exercise part of the rules and that makes a big difference. Keep at it you are looking mahvelous!

Cindy W.
on 11/30/13 7:21 am

Congrats Bette ! that is a lot to be proud of . As far as the OA it sucks I won't even get started on that ! but you will pull through hard times and all I just know you will . ~ Cindy

Most Active