December 2: My TEN YEAR Anniversary!

Bette B.
on 12/1/13 12:43 pm

Well, time flies whether you're having fun or not, and here it is already my TENTH anniversary.

I will never say that my road with my band has been easy or without its ups and downs, but it's the best thing I've done for myself and for my family. 3650+ days later I'm still maintaining a 170-pound loss, although it may be more since I have put on a bit of muscle thanks to my 5x a week trips to the gym with my husband. And speaking of him, HE has lost 25+ pounds in the past six months from eating much better and exercising more.

While I sometimes feel like Bigfoot in that there seem to be very few remaining band successes, I don't regret ever having it done. Will it last forever? Who knows. NO surgery is comes with a money back guarantee. But for right now, I will "keep on keepin' on" and worry about that when I need to.

Thank you to all my OH friends who have been here over the years supporting me, encouraging me and giving me a cyber kick in the ass when I needed it!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 12/1/13 6:58 pm - UK

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Vivian Prouty
on 12/1/13 9:23 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Congrats Bette on your 10 years of success with the band.    

Hugs and Blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Jackie G.
on 12/2/13 11:26 am

Congratulations.  You have always been such an inspiration for me, Bette.  Every day with our bands is a gift and you have definitely rocked it.  I hope to be just like you!!  Keep up your hard work.

Jackie

JudyAz
on 12/2/13 9:51 pm - FL

Great Job, Bette...keep up the good work!  Congrats on keeping it off, that is the real challenge, I think.

TracyK
on 12/3/13 9:53 pm - FL

Congrats!  I am right behind you with just 9 years and 85 lbs.  I agree this is not do all end all tool, but I honestly feel if you take care of your band it will take care of you.  Many well wishes being sent your way!

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

monymony
on 12/5/13 4:18 am

Hi Bette, WooHoo! Congrats on your 10th bandiversary. That is so awesome. I am glad to see that you haven't given up on being a lapband role model. Keep up the good work. We "vets" have to stick together. 

Mona broken heart

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

cheyenne000
on 12/6/13 11:40 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Congrats Bette, so glad you are here to share your story and help others.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Most Active